MN river 06/06 Small Flatties

• larry_haugh
    MN

Hit the river Tues Evening. Twas a beautiful night.
    Managed 2 small Flatheads 7lbs and 4lbs. First ones Boated this year after how many runs. Caught 1 up on a shallow flat about 6 ft of water, the other in a hole about 15ft with good cover. Using small bullies.
    Decided to go with the quick sets as soon as I saw a strike, before the fish could start running.
    Finally is all I can say. Broke the ice now its time to start pulling in more wieght.
    The water is about as low as it was last year.
    The pic is of the 4lb. (small I know but its still fun to peek at pics)
    Don’t have a decent on of the 7lb sorry
    thanks
    Larry

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Nice. It is always fun to catch the ‘small’ ones. I caught myself a nice little 4-5 pounder last weekend. Very fun fish to catch pound for pound.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Im glad to see you got to connect with a couple fish. Many people are struggling this year including myself… other people with me catching decent fish, but my line is pretty quiet for the most part.

larry_haugh
    MN

Sounds like were in the same boat Dave, (Keep on Bailing ).
    Were due for a big one. We’ll get it before we go down.
    thanks
    larry

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Good to hear you got some action out there Larry. I’m still working on my first flathead.

My bullheads I got from Moore’s Bait last week are still looking good today! And that is a nice shop… I got bullheads, 80lb Powerpro, and the 10/0 hooks that BrianK recommends…one stop shop!

larry_haugh
    MN

Thanks Hayward.

It was nice to meet another fellow IDA member in person.

keep on working for the flats there outthere, we got our Flats on the Bullies. Did have some runs on the heavy suckers.

Moores is a good shop. I think we owe fisher Dave and many others on this site a “Pat on the Back” For bringing catfishing to his attention.

thanks

Larry

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Thanks Hayward.
    Moores is a good shop. I think we owe fisher Dave and many others on this site a “Pat on the Back” For bringing catfishing to his attention.
    thanks
    Larry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.