Black dog road

• jeff6771

I was wondering if anyone is fishig for walleyes around black dog.it looks like there is a lot of riprap along there and was thinking of piching some jigs.never fished it before any advice would be great.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We have some guys around here who fish that area this time of year and do fairly well on size, numbers not so much. I can’t recall the usernames, but hopefully they will post and comment.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fromw reading reports from this area in past years. There can be some good fishing after dark at the discharges and feeder creeks going into the MN. Fishing after dark was key to catching fish. I had tryed this once last year with out luck but have heard of some very above average fish coming out of there. Pitch plastics.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Just took a good look at the west outlet today. It would be fun to try a little open water fishing there right now! I’m thinking a slow floating jighead and a fathead might bring some action…guess a guy would just have to try it to find out but it sure looks good!

WET NETS!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I happened to be on the south side of town yesterday also and noticed all that open water as I drove across the cedar bridge. It sure does look appealing. That channel can be good in the fall and there are alot of big walleyes that head up that way to spawn. You might find something there. Most of the fall reports that came from there where from after dark. Good luck.

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

Hopefully I can get down there before the end of the season. Maybe a little chunk o cut bait would stir somethin? Like I said, It looks sooo nice!

Course theres always the old mid March excuse….”White Bass officer, I’m fishing for White Bass honest”

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey Dark!
    I was there this a.m. and I indeed did some open water fishing for about 40 minutes. I didn’t catch anything; but it was open water fishing. I was throwing a small floating rap on a 3-way with one of those lindy no-snags for the weight. It looked good in the water. Still fun to do.

dd

dark30
    Belle Plaine, Mn.

was down at the west outlet on Friday. The lake is open and water coming out to the river was 48 degrees! I checked it again just a few yards down and was only 38. Bumped into the Game Warden too….I mentioned I might catch a stray walleye while fishing for white bass. he said “well, you won’t know until you try”. Sounds good to me!

I’m gonna try for some channel cat action there soon. A little warm rain would really help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.