walleye lakes

• tomsframe
    omaha ne

i would like to find a good walleye lake that i can take my 11 year old son to he like to fish for walleye,pike,bass,maybe pans.or lakes we fish in nebraska are so full from all the rain we been getting is making it hard to fish. thank you

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

You have some good spots North of yea in SD

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

How big of a boat do you have and how far up into minnestoa are you coming? As Stu said there is a ton of great lake between here and there!

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Toms,
    I too live in the big O and fish many areas in South Dakota.
    Here’s what I know of this summer:
    Walleye – Lake Sharpe SD – 6 hours
    Pike – South Buffalo SD – 6 hours
    Smallies – Pickeral or Enemy Swim both in SD – 5.5 hours

If you have free time and want to fish smaller lakes, I highly recommend Lake City area of SD. There are 50+ glacial lakes in that area all within a 20 minute drive. We stay at Roy Lake Resort and trailer to whatever lake we decide we want to hit. You can fish that area with a walleye tournament boat, a bass boat, or a 16ft Lund with a 25 horse motor. The water is clean, the people are friendly, and the fish are always biting somewhere.

Took my son up there last autumn along with my wife who runs a cleaning business. She said the resort was the cleanest she’d ever seen and my son and I caught smallies all day. He later landed a 7 lb walleye off the same spot we were catching bass.

I am going again in September and cannot wait!!!!!

Call Jan at the resort, she’s the owner and a super nice lady. All the SD big wigs know Jan, like Tony Dean, Al Lindner, etc…

You won’t be disappointed.

tomsframe
    omaha ne

we have a lund fisherman 1700 125 hp mercury and have side in camper in pickup can go any where.like to find some where he have good time. he the last kid at home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.