french lake

• stuart
    Mn.

Saw a pic of a 54inch muskie that was cought on french monday night.was told it went to the taxidermias.

mountaindew

Where can I see the pic? Was thinking about heading to French sometime this month. Never fished at French before, but have heard there’s muskies there. I started to learn muskie fishing last year and have gotten all the baits known to man..lol and still haven’t boated one yet!!

Are there any resort at French Lake?

mountaindew

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Stu;

Saw in the Outdoor news of a 54″ ski caught in the metro from a guy from Faribault. Could this be the same story? That guy said he released the fish. Sure hope so.

Beleive it or not, there is (or maybe was ) a mid-50s fish weighing mid 40s in French. Had her follow 4 times to the boat, but she wouldn’t take. To this day, that is still the biggest fish I’ve ever spotted in the water. I’ve had as long, but not as fat The girth on that girl was not normal. She was incredibly fat and I raised her on opener of last year. With that said, generally, they tend to be a bit thinner in the early part of the year. I would only have to assume that she would have pushed 50 pounds by fall……..I would bet money that she ate 3 to 5 pound bass for a living…….

People got to get a clue that these fish have to be released. They are just to fragile to the system to be keeping……..

stuart
    Mn.

Gary Saw the picture at work from the guys dad.They where all proud that they got 3 in the last week that where (keepers) 47 49 &54inches all went home!Sad very,very sad stuart

bassguy
    MANKATO

FIBERGLASS REPLICAS ARE THE WAY TO GO ON BIG MUSKIES, ESPECIALLY FROM SMALL WATERS.

:

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Can you give me the guy’s last name……….then I will know if it is the same person or not……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.