Ely and surrounding area

• blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Will be up to Ely staying on White Iron June 12-19. Any reports on the area???? Walleye, Bass, Northern. We will be in Basswood area 2 of the days. Any reports and help would be greatly appreciated.

grouse

We will be on Farm this weekend. I have not heard a thing about the Ely area other than the water is still extremely cold. The fish may be sluggish.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Hi,

Just got back from three days of fishing around Buyck. The water is still pretty cold and the weeds are way down compared to recent seasons. The Smallmouth are active along the banks, our best was 18 inches. The Northerns were chasing baitfish around with a vengance. If you were in the same weedbed they decided to invade you’d see baitfish jumping out of the water, big swirls, pretty fun stuff. The pike would hit big streamer flies or Raps. We found a lot of Crappies and Bluegills in the mud bottomed shallows, and they were big.

Then i get home and find out that my daughter’s fiance was just diagnosed with testicular cancer. If you’re reading this, say a prayer for Billy.

Rootski

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Thanks guys, and thanks Rootski. Will say a Prayer for him, and sorry to hear of your bad news.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.