MN Wild 2018-19 Official Thread

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>
    I’ve never understood this Minnesota sports fan thing of questioning if getting to the playoffs and losing in round 1 is worse than not getting to the playoffs at all. Unless you want your team to pull a Buffalo, Edmonton, or Chicago and suck for years and years,

doah

Yea;
    5 years of first round playoff loses is far better than Chicago with 6 Stanley Cups and Edmonton with 5 Stanley Cups.

You rooting for the hawks again this year?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Never rooted for them if the home team was still playing.
    I look at them with a great amount of respect for what they have accomplished.
    The home town teams have been on the short side of competition with them since 1967.
    So forgive me for giving them the props that they deserve. cool

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

5 years of first round playoff loses is far better than Chicago with 6 Stanley Cups and Edmonton with 5 Stanley Cups.

Boy, you’re really reaching back there. The last Oilers Stanley Cup was almost 30 years ago and almost 10 years before the Wild were even a franchise.

Also, all of those cup runs started with what again? Oh, yeah, making the playoffs. So thanks for proving my point.

The Blackhawks are certainly a model for sucking your way to success through R1 draft choices, but that’s hardly a sure bet. I’m looking at you, Edmonton.

Don’t worry, like every team the Wild will eventually be cellar dwellers so then all you Minnesota fans who like to sit the playoffs out will be happy.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You rooting for the hawks again this year?

He’s a Caps fan now. Gotta be carfule hopping on those moving bandwagons.

Grouse

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Oh, sorry. It’s hard to tell sometimes.

What’s the goaltending situation look like this year?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

You evidently lack the knoweledge of what it takes to win a Stanley Cup.
    It does not matter how you got there,it matters that you got there.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Boy, you’re really reaching back there. The last Oilers Stanley Cup was almost 30 years ago and almost 10 years before the Wild were even a franchise.

The home town teams

“TEAMS” as in more than one! in this case 2

JoeMX1825
    MN

yes it’s the first game of the year, but if that powerplay is what they worked on all training camp, we’re in trouble… I know Colorado is a fast team, but man did they make us look slow…

Hopefully it’s just first game jitters (Kind of hard to say with a veteran team like ours though)

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jeff_huberty wrote:</div>

Oh, sorry. It’s hard to tell sometimes.

What’s the goaltending situation look like this year?

Looks like he’s is going to have to leave the crease and score some goals this season.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lightning won one they didn’t deserve last night. Vassy is a stud.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Can someone fill me in a little more on some of the ins and outs of the NHL schedule? I know in some year’s there’s winter Olympic breaks, and I believe the players negotiated somewhat of a “bye” week in their latest contract, but it just seems like in the last two years there have been more cases like this week, where the Wild played Saturday and not again until Thursday. I know on one hand it can help keep players healthy, but if I remember right some of the Wild players were even saying how weird and mind-numbing it go with almost a week off late last year.

I know hockey isn’t the only sport doing this; MLB and NBA have both tried ways to get more days off, less back-to-back games, less long travel periods, etc. I understand the concern of some of the players but some of these breaks make no sense. These seasons just keep getting longer and longer.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Well JH, the wild are playing your not so secret crush. Who do you like tonight?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Same team same scoring problems……Might make it into the first round again this year. Might.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

No scoring problems last night. Shorthanded tieing goal by Suter in the final minute. Wow.

The gave up one boneheaded D lapse goal which was unfortunate.

Nice to see Zucker and Staal get on the tally sheeet for the season.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Well JH, the wild are playing your not so secret crush. Who do you like tonight?

Silly Hockey Boy jester

Same team same scoring problems……Might make it into the first round again this year. Might.

They will have to avoid taking parts of the game off if they have any chance at the playoffs.

Good win though

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bolts lost one they should have won. I guess it all works out in the end.

Brady Valberg

This is worse than watching a football game…the refs are horrible on both sides of the puck…making stupid piddly calls but missing major calls

mojogunter

They are not a good team so far. Hope they turn it around, or completely tank and go for a #1 pick

basseyes

This team still has severe mental issues.

They aren’t that bad, but more frustrating, they aren’t really that good either.

31lifer

I thought I was watching a replay of a game from last season. What a boring hockey team. They are slow! Get #9 and #20 off of the power play!! I hope the new GM starts shaking things up soon.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve been disappointed with Greenway sofar…he’s doing alot of coasting and swinging stick checks..not what you want out of a 6-6 sized power forward…I know he’s a rookie trying to figure it out, but he might need a little wakeup call like sitting in the pressbox for a few games to get the message…

Dumba, Zucker, Spurgeon and Doobie have been the only players to show up each game sofar…everybody else looks tired and slow…

I agree with Koivu and Suter should no longer be on the powerplay, they don’t have the skillset to be scorers…but Bruce won’t change…

basseyes

What a boring hockey team. They are slow! Get #9 and #20 off of the power play!! I hope the new GM starts shaking things up soon.

I’ve been disappointed with Greenway sofar…he’s doing alot of coasting and swinging stick checks..not what you want out of a 6-6 sized power forward…I know he’s a rookie trying to figure it out, but he might need a little wakeup call like sitting in the pressbox for a few games to get the message…

Dumba, Zucker, Spurgeon and Doobie have been the only players to show up each game sofar…everybody else looks tired and slow…

I agree with Koivu and Suter should no longer be on the powerplay, they don’t have the skillset to be scorers…but Bruce won’t change…

X2!

Sutter is a cancer and he’s infected the whole team. Greenway is following second gear Sutter’s lead.

This team has a complete lack of drive or heart. They have no real identity other than Doobie, unless Joe Mauer the second, Zippy is it? Yeah, can be a kinda scrappy fun player to watch, but in the grand scheme of things, not a bad player but not even on the practice squad for the hall of fame. You take Doobie off this team and they aren’t even a “might” for the playoffs. Can’t wait till they don’t make the playoffs with this roster and we sit through 10 years of horse chit hockey after watching this group of chicken turds laying eggs in the first round as we are being told how great the turd soup is and how great it’s been getting to the first round to lay down turd Ferguson type performances.

Sorry grouse, this team sucks and the just making the playoffs argument is grown really stale. We all get trading the cement pillars of RS, ZP and MK are impossible, but it’s pretty clear this team has slowed way down and is taking whole periods off. Mental problems in a veteran hockey team is not good that averages 29 years old.

Slabhunter

X2!

Sutter is a cancer and he’s infected the whole team. Greenway is following second gear Sutter’s lead.

This team has a complete lack of drive or heart. They have no real identity other than Doobie, unless Joe Mauer the second, Zippy is it? Yeah, can be a kinda scrappy fun player to watch, but in the grand scheme of things, not a bad player but not even on the practice squad for the hall of fame. You take Doobie off this team and they aren’t even a “might” for the playoffs. Can’t wait till they don’t make the playoffs with this roster and we sit through 10 years of horse chit hockey after watching this group of chicken turds laying eggs in the first round as we are being told how great the turd soup is and how great it’s been getting to the first round to lay down turd Ferguson type performances.

Sorry grouse, this team sucks and the just making the playoffs argument is grown really stale. We all get trading the cement pillars of RS, ZP and MK are impossible, but it’s pretty clear this team has slowed way down and is taking whole periods off. Mental problems in a veteran hockey team is not good that averages 29 years old.
    [/quote]

Agree! It appears to me that they realize they are just not a very good team, play in spurts only; and most of them seem to have just “mailed it in” and are collecting checks unfortunately. I look for Fenton to make some moves in the not too distant future….hopefully.

basseyes

It appears to me that they realize they are just not a very good team, play in spurts only; and most of them seem to have just “mailed it in” and are collecting checks unfortunately. I look for Fenton to make some moves in the not too distant future….hopefully.

Agreed!

They know they’ll never make a run and there’s very little trust in each other.

You can only use bad puck luck so long before you have to start looking at the players. We’ve gone through enough coaches, it’s time to blow it up. Yeah, I know it’ll suck not getting to the playoffs, but I’m done watching this group of turds. And I still like MK and ZP, but it’s not working even on a marginal level for me right now. RS’s minutes need to drop in half.

Brady Valberg

Mk does need to go…ZP if he can stay healthy can contribute more than one thinks…but the issue is IF he can stay healthy…suter eh hez starting to wear on me yes I believe he needs his minutes cut and we need offensive minds on the ice for the PP but suter is still a good d man..but not top d man anymore…greenway has shown flashes to me he looks more like a Coyle right now than a MK…has the size and skill but doesn’t know how to use it yet…right now the only person on that team that should feel safe is deff doobie.he has kept them in games that they had no right to be relevant in.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

So far they look like the same old Wild. But hey, maybe they can really rally and make it to the first round of the playoffs (IF you’re lucky).

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

We all gonna die! We all gonna die!

4 games into the season, against a team that went to the conf finals last year, and we lost by a goal and an empty-netter, with our backup goalie in the net, and now the team’s beyond saving. Wow.

Usually, it takes at least a month before this kind of Hockey Doom & Gloom sets in. You guys having too much sugar on your breakfast cereal or what?

I know you guys don’t want to hear this, but Fenton isn’t–or at least hasn’t been–a “blow it up” kind of guy.

Koivu, Parise, Suter, are always going to be the lightning rod. IMO, the problem is more in the list of invisible men out there who seem to fly under the under-producing radar, including:

– Coyle. When, oh when, can we ship his under-producing buttski out of here? Yeah, I know, I know. He’s a big body…

– Nino. Yes, last year was an injury-riddled season, but even the year before he seemed to be struggling. We need him back on form.

– Erickson Ek – Seems stalled out in terms of development.

Anyway, I’m going to wait until at least November before I hit the panic button and declare this the lost season.

Grouse

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Wow, 5 games in and we are throwing in the towel already. Typical Mn fans it sounds like to me. doah

bobberstop4054

2 man advanged at the end of the game losers couldn’t do sheet

bobberstop4054

coach bruce needs to go out to pasture what a joke he is

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,582 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.