MN Opener

• bigbeard

The MN opener is this weekend. Who’s going and where ya going? Good luck to all and stay safe.

Isaac Rhode

Tomorrow will be my first time ever duck hunting, me and a friend are going out on Gull Lake hoping to see what it’s all about.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Taking the old man out for our annual opener trip. We will be up at Red ,ducks in the morning and grouse in the afternoon.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

48 year long tradition of opener(started when I was 5 years old) with my Pops will continue in the Fergus area this weekend.

Good luck all and BE SAFE!!

bigbeard

I’ll be out near Willmar. Hoping for a few woody’s to wrap in bacon and toss on the grill for a Sunday football snack!!

fishmantim

Passing this year, too hot, going fishing instead, but will be putting in hardcore hours Diver hunting later on.

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

I’ll be out in the owatonna area like previous years. Tank tops and shorts no need for waders!!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Sitting here in the truck opening morning at 0550 hrs near Fergus falls. Thunderstorms and rain overhead. Currently 54 degrees. Good number of birds in the area (mostly teal and mallards) along with good number of hunters. Hopefully the down pour turns to a light rain or none at all by shooting time. Good luck to everyone this morning and stay safe.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

We sat in the pole barn on ATV’s and drank coffee near Fergus for the same reason. Aluminum boat on the water with a steel shotgun during a lightning storm is not my idea of a good time. The lightning and thunder passed about 15 minutes before shooting and we were able to get out, but were still setting decoys when the season opened. doah

404 ERROR
    MN

Barry, Clinton, Graceville area hereā€¦just like the last 25 years.

Hopefully it wasn’t you skybusting geese coming over the ridge into our decoys out there…That’s the area we go every year. Had great success once again.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Hunted SW Minnesota on a small slew we have been going to for decades. Was with a good buddy, our Dad’s and uncle couldn’t make it due to health problems in the family. It was slower for us than most years. We only shot 4 ducks on Sat and 7 ducks on Sun for the two of us. Just not many ducks flying. Broke in a new pup this year too (9 mos old) – she was fairly clueless on Sat but made some big steps on Sunday including a retrieve she marked on her own. Anyway, always a good time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.