MN Fish

• blackbay

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Blackbay wrote:</div>
    FWIW the DNR never proposed building a hatchery to fix any lake. That was done by politicians. The DNR did not want another fisheries office or hatchery.

The DNR asked the state for $3.5M to build one recently.
    From an MPR article 8/2015

The first paragraph states:
    The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has drafted a plan for a research facility, hatchery and outreach center on Lake Mille Lacs that could cost the state $3.5 million in the next fiscal year.

Again, they were told they had to do that. In order to get the money the DNR had to ask the legislature for the funding.

Kyhl
    Savage

Again, they were told they had to do that. In order to get the money the DNR had to ask the legislature for the funding.

You have a different recollection of the events.

Do you have anything that suggests that someone forced the DNR to request the funding?

Every article that I have ever seen on this situation was that the DNR requested extra funding from the state. My representatives were interested in providing that funding simply because the DNR requested it. That is, until I pointed out that the request went against another finding that the DNR published.
    Then I provided my reps with that contradictory publication for their own reading.

So glad that waste of money never happened.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m crossing mn-fish of my Christmas list. I’m thinkin I got taken.

I’ve been sending them emails lately to see what’s going on and nothing but crickets. flame

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

We assume celebrities of our own interests are on our side. Never trusted them nore fallowed them. The product some give is worth following but it’s a product for us consumers.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ve been sending them emails lately to see what’s going on and nothing but crickets.

They’ve been super busy getting this whole non-profit thing up and running. I’d expect an update about what they been up to on their website any day now. coffee http://mn-fish.com/updates-events/

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I know. Friggin ridiculous! It’s like they abandoned it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sorry to say anything. But they popped up showed some big names and bailed. Easy money. Glad I dont rock the sticker

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I think of my money as gasoline. If there’s a fire burning (successful business, Noble cause, etc) cash flow and an investment on my part could bring positive growth.

In this case, the “gasoline” appears to have been dumped on a pile of sticks…or maybe even dog$hit depending on the true intentions of those behind it.

I’m glad this was an easy pass for me.

Tinker
    Iron Range

I sent my donation and haven’t got a hello, good bye or kiss my @@@. You’d think at my age I would have learned . NUTS

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well, I just tried calling them and the number is disconnected. flame

Just call me sucker redface

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just call me sucker

That’s ok. I’ll just stick with eelpoutguy. Suckerguy just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bet you proudly have that sticker placed on your topper window

tangler
    Inactive

That’s pretty brutal. I called it earlier this summer and at least they had a voicemail up and running at that time.

Deleted

Always said if I ever get serious about making a pile of money…. I’ll rent a place to start a church…… or some other non-profit.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Calm down guys. I am absolutely sure Mr Schara and Mr Linder are just updating the voicemail greeting. Starting a nonprofit takes time. So much to do so little time. Lots of checks need to be deposited.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Guys, All is well with MN Fish. They are just transferring to a Call Center to handle incoming calls. Some of you seem to be looking for information or activity that isn’t occurring fast enough for you. Almost all of MN Fish’s activities will occur during the 2020 Legislative session. Their legislative goals are currently being shaped and behind the scenes lobbying will start in earnest this Fall. Again, look back at what they said they are about.

“The MN-FISH Sportfishing Foundation and Coalition, led by President Ron Schara, was formed to help reverse these negative trends and bring a strong, unified voice to St. Paul advocating for our anglers, our fisheries and our next generation of anglers.
    There is only one way to take on these fishing related issues and raise awareness . . . and that’s working together! That’s why fishing leaders, innovators and legends came together to build a grassroots fishing advocacy group focused on improving fishing for future generations to enjoy. It’s your “State of Fishing”, and we need you to become a grassroots participant. Together, we can accomplish our mission!” KEY WORD “to St. Paul” The State Legislature is where policy and funding are generated from. Say tuned for more information from them.

If you look at the efforts of the old Sportfishng Congress and to the Minnesota Outdoor Heritage Alliance (MOHA). Most things took 4-7 years to pan out. We need to give them our support and not expect big changes in the first few years.

Vern W

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Buzz,
    Why can’t mn-fish tell us that?
    A small blip on there website is all I’m asking for and I would understand, but going radio silent is not very reassuring.

They could have emails bounce back with a message saying something or an answering machine with a brief message.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

EEL, I don’t think its appropriate for me to speak for them on this question. However, I think you got it in your head that they are something other then a Lobbying Group. These types of groups operate at about 70,000 feet. As they grow into the organization they want to become, they’ll let their grassroots members know what type of support thy need. This year dollars for the MN Fishing Hall of Fame and Hatchery were a focus. By the way the Hall of Fame needs donations and a guided trip with Gary Roach is on the table. They are on the verge of closing visit

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Are they taking applications for the hall of fame? If so, perhaps you could send them a copy of my posting history from this site, I think they would be impressed.

Some say I’m more successful and more handsome than James Holst! My mom also says that she is extremely proud of me.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Sorry, but a MN fishing hall of fame? I’m glad it’s being run by donations then tax money. I think I’ll pass.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I think so far MN fish has been extremely disappointing. I understand that it takes time to get up and running but they seemed to have no problem getting the fund raising part down.

“Almost all of MN Fish’s activities will occur during the 2020 Legislative session. Their legislative goals are currently being shaped and behind the scenes lobbying will start in earnest this Fall.”

I thought I was joining an organization where my voice could be heard. Apparently I am supposed to send in my money(which I did) and be happy with whatever MN Fish decides is in my best interests and have faith that their “behind the scenes lobbying” is effective.

I have emailed, called, left messages with not one communication back. Fisherman and women of MN deserve better than what has been served up so far.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have emailed, called, left messages with not one communication back. Fisherman and women of MN deserve better than what has been served up so far.

Let them know on social media, they are still promoting it pretty heavily.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I thought I was joining an organization where my voice could be heard. Apparently I am supposed to send in my money(which I did) and be happy with whatever MN Fish decides is in my best interests and have faith that their “behind the scenes lobbying” is effective.

Apparently your money is going to a hall of fame preserving the memories of the people running Fish MN…

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Apparently your money is going to a hall of fame preserving the memories of the people running Fish MN…

I wish I could argue otherwise, but at this point have to agree with you.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Thanks for the update Vern. Deep down I’ve been cautiously optimistic there would be some communication about what they’ve been up to or lobbying for/against. There seemed to be plenty going on in the house and senate that we expected to hear something. Until then my optimism is going to dwindle. If they want members or supporters they NEED TO COMMUNICATE!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well there is life.
    I just received this in the mail yesterday will another window decal.

Attachments:
    1. MN-Fish-8-5-2019.pdf

tangler
    Inactive

Enjoy the decal, but I’m still waiting to hear what they’re doing or what they’ve done. Heard enough about their mission statement and what they promise to be, ready for some action.

basseyes

Well there is life.
    I just received this in the mail yesterday will another window decal.

Got one earlier in the year and just got the same exact thing in the mail.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.