MN Draw results

• Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

are posted on the DNR website.

Wife drew a tag. Anyone else going bear hunting?

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Not drawn 3 years in a row. Heard 3 was the magic number…

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

Getting tougher to get drawn anymore. We use to draw every year or at least every other year. Wife drew with 5 pts. Probably could have done it with 3. Applied just for a point a couple times because of kids weddings and we knew we couldn’t hunt those years with too much going on. We hunt area 12.

Not sure what to think of the bear management in MN.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

There is a LOT more competition now than there was back 20 years ago. I knew only a few people who hunted bear back in the 1980s, now it’s beginning to resemble the rifle deer opener out there in some areas with public land.

I suspect that neighboring states restricting non-resident tags/hunting have driven more non-residents to apply in MN.

Add to that the cost of other bear hunts has skyrocketed and I think that has driven a lot of first timers to MN for black bear.

Post some reports, all those guys who draw.

Grouse

big_g
    Isle, MN

aren’t there over the counter areas anymore ?

mattgroff

I didn’t draw but I’ll be hunting no quota again then.

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

Yes there still is the no quota zone that are over the counter. Anybody that draws a tag and doesn’t purchase it by Aug 1st ( I think) those tags go on sale first come first served.

Grouse… I think your right about the NR pressure. There for a while it seemed like everyone was a bear guide around here. For $85 you could get a guide license that was good for 3 years. Charge $1,000 + for sitting on a bait for 5 days and the money starts to look appealing.

Certainly bear hunting and numbers have changed since we moved to MN and started hunting them 20 years ago. A look at the DNR stats should be concerning. Certainly seeing a lack of opportunity compared to previous years.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

old post but same topic!! i didnt get drawn for a Mn tag…….now have 4 preference points!! bawling bawling doah

Red Eye

I did not get drawn but my cousin did. We both had 4 points in area 45. So I need to wait at least 5 years to be able to shoot a bear in my back yard. Nice.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I did not get drawn but my cousin did. We both had 4 points in area 45. So I need to wait at least 5 years to be able to shoot a bear in my back yard. Nice.

yea that bites………. and maybe means i gotta wait longer too!!!!!!!! doah doah crazy

Aaron Kalberer

No draw for me either, I am sure I will have a couple years of waiting before I can go.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

I drew a tag (1st ever) in area 51 with 3 points. Already had midday action in May with kids riding by on wheelers an hour before on the one camera I had out. Now have 6 cameras out to narrow down their pattern for late summer. I can’t wait to try outsmart Yogi!

chawn clough

We got drawn for area 46 my group of three, my dad got drawn 3 years ago and than we switch to a group applying, so it has been 4 years without hunting .. so the dumpster diving for bait has started already !! This is my first bearabout 5 years ago after 3 years of trying !!!!

Attachments:
    1. aaaaa.jpg

2. IMG_1757-1.jpg

3. IMG_1757.jpg

rubberduck
    east bethel

beautiful mount!
    ill be going!! hopefully I kill one this year then ill be 5 for 5….

Deleted

I’ve always wanted to bear hunt. Never knew anyone that was in to it, so i never had a opportunity. Thought about just doing the OTC tag and trying to find state land but I live in SE MN & literally have no idea how feasible that is. The guided hunts would have been the way to go while I was still working.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.