MN Bear Lottery Group Process

• Lucky

I applied for the MN Bear Lottery as a group last year and saved my group number assigned assuming I needed to use the same number again this year but the retailer shows it is not valid.

I provided a photo showing last years group number so I am sure it is correct.

Maybe you create a new group every year then ? Wonder how a group build preference points if the group number changes every year ?

Any help appreciated as I cannot find the answer on MN DNR site.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

you start a new group every year. all the group number does is if you apply as a group either you all get a permit or none of you do.

with that being said……i always apply with the same people that apply or hunt with me every year as i am not sure how preference points will affect your group getting permits. meaning you all have the same preference point or not!!!

thats Minnesota anyway!!!!!

Lucky

Thanks,

We figured out that the Group Number = the DNR number of the person who first applies and creates the Group every year. The Group number does not carry over year to year. So as you said..

I was the first to apply this year using the group number from last year the result was I applied to a ‘existing group’ which was not there yet.

So later that day the guy that created the group last year created it again I should now be able to join. Since he created the Group last year and again this year the Group number is the same. Had I created the group it would be my DNR number.

This way the preference points are able to stay at a individual level and not at a Group level.

Thanks for the reply, spot on !

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^^^^^ peace peace waytogo

i’ve had practice…..been applying since 1975!!!!!!!!1

i apply and hunt area 27…..its where the cabin is!!!!!

Red Eye

Pretty sure your group preference points are determined by the person in your group with the least amount of points.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.