MN Bear Hunting – Opportunity for 1-2 hunters.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I may have an opportunity for 1-2 bear hunters for this season to hunt my 80 acre property east of Hinckley MN. This is in the non-quota zone, so no tag draw is required, a license is available over the counter.

Here’s the situation. The party that usually hunts my property for bear may not be able to hunt this year due to family commitments. I’m having way too many issues with bears causing property damage to NOT have hunters helping to keep the population down, so I’m looking for someone who would appreciate the opportunity. I must emphasize that this is a “maybe” depending on if the usual party chooses to hunt or not, but I want to collect names of those interested so I have a list of people to call already built.

I have plenty of bears and I can provide trail cam pics. Stand sites are already established for up to 2 hunters. Bears have been taken the last 3 years, but that has not even made a dent in the population. Currently, I have cam pics of at least 3 big bears, and I have 6-7 bears that are almost daily visitors.

Hunters must be experienced and respectful of the property. I would prefer bow hunters because of the lower impact on the deer activity, but would also consider rifle hunters. You must be a serious about bear hunting and be able to devote at least 5-7 full days of hunting. You also must have the equipment and experience to field dress and cool any animal taken, no waste will be tolerated. You would be expected to devote 1 weekend before the season to stand setup and site prep. I believe over the past 5 years, the average time to harvest a bear was 4 days on the stand and bears have been taken at all times of day with the biggest taken at 1:30 PM.

Stand sites are established with trails in/out that are wide enough for an ATV to haul out any bear taken. I’d be willing to lend 2 ladder stands to the party. I can arrange for bait deliveries, you would pay the actual cost. Lodging and camping are available within 30-40 minutes of the property.

I will find out if the current party who hunts the property will be hunting around July 1. If they are passing on this year and you would like to be considered, reply or send me a private message for more information.

Grouse

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I would be interested if you would be alright with a foreigner (Wisconsin)! Thank you for the possible opportunity!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I would be interested if you would be alright with a foreigner (Wisconsin)! Thank you for the possible opportunity!!

I will consider foreigners, but you will have to do your own research on if non-MN-residents are allowed to buy OTC MN bear licenses in the non-quota permit area.

I don’t know the answer to this question, please let me know what you find.

Grouse

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Grouse I sent you a PM about the opportunity to bear hunt

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I contacted the DNR, and it is no problem for a non-resident to purchase a no quota zone tag.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks to everyone for the responses. When I find out if the current party is or isn’t hunting, I’ll get back to everyone by PM.

Don’t want to discourage anyone, if you’d like to be considered, please PM me. Schedules change, etc, so some this may come down to who’s available as hunting season nears. It can’t hurt to tell me if you’re interested.

Grouse

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Grouse,

Anyone take you up on this? Curious to hear how baiting is going.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been super-busy at work and in Canada fishing for the last week, so I have not had a chance to communicate a lot with the party that normally hunts my property.

I assume they have started getting ready and I’ll be disappointed if they have decided not to hunt and haven’t bothered to let me know. Earlier this summer they had indicated that they would be hunting, but had limited time to do so, which made me concerned that they would not be doing the property justice.

I appreciate all the responses. If the property comes available, I have a list of IDO’ers to call and I’ll be in touch.

Will be visiting the farm this weekend and I’ve texted the usual party for an update this morning.

Grouse

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the update Grouse! I know you have been busy the last month, so I have not asked any questions. Just wanted to let you know we are still interested if things do not go well with your existing group! Good luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.