MissouriRiver (Fort Randell – Yankton)

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Fished Mozingo last weekend (see MO) but will be on the river at Verdel this weekend. Thought I’d check and see if anybody was up over the weekend. I’d like to know how much water they’re running now. It’s been a month since I was up and there wasn’t much then. The Running Water boat ramp was DRY, Verdel hardly enough to launch a boat, and Springfield was backed up from the lake but muddy.

Anybody know what it looks like now?

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Do not know for sure, but I think they are keeping it lower up there because they are dredging the top side of L&C. Last I heard, yeah those ramps are either no water or very skinny water.

JD

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

I’ll find out for sure Saturday. Even when the ramp was dry at Running Water there was just enough to still get in at Verdel last May when I was up . It looked like maybe they were running more water when I came back from Francis Case on the 3rd of June and another report me hope they had brought it up. I thought they were holding it back for all the flooding down stream in Iowa & MO back then. At that time Springfield had more water than anywhere just from what they had backed up from the lake. Wasn’t any low water in the lake for dredging then but my luck they’ll drain it to make sandbars for the birds once the stop holding it back for the flood. Either way its dry.

If anybody’s got a better handle on what’s up for this weekend or were there last weekend??? Let me know.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I put in at Springfield and Verdel 3 weeks ago and Verdel was much better at that time. Haven’t been back since and it may be much different now. Verdel was in good shape at the time.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

I’ll check it out tomorrow afternoon. NE BASS Federation has a tournament Saturday, out of Verdell, that I’m in. I’d hoped to narrow things down a little if anyone knew how much water, the color, and if access was good or not from Verdell to Springfield or up to Fort Randell.

I’ll let ya all know what it looks like next week but have another chance to check here tomorrow morning before we head up. Thanks for the help and if there’s anything more someone has to add.

Fluff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.