Missouri River Ice 02-04-07

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

This is a shot of the ice at my dad’s cabin, near Goat Island on the Missouri River (20 miles downstream from Gavins Point). I thought it was pretty cool. You don’t see the river froze over this much very often. There’s an ice jam near the new bridge that caused the river to rise and it took out some property and wing dams along the way.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow, cool stuff. Thanks for the pic!

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

It’s also been a long time since I have seen as much ice build up in the SC/SSC area. What happened to global warming? Guess I won’t trade in all my walleye gear for bass gear just yet

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Wade,

When did you take that pic? I was just up that way Jan 27, and I didn’t think there was that much ice. Of course, it was dark, so maybe I didn’t see it.

JD

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

The picture is from the weekend (2-2-07) near the brooky bottom/goat island area. The shoreline in the distance is goat island. The near shoreline is the Nebraska shoreline, looking north and east.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Yeah, I know exactly where that is, just didn’t know when. I was up there the week before that (a little further upstream) and didn’t notice that much ice.

JD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.