Mississippi Wabasha

• crappies

Was planning on going to the river in the morning. See it’s at 11ft in Wabasha already. What water level isn’t a good idea to be going on the river to fish backwaters? Just wanting to be safe and not sorry. Dont fish the river much. Thanks for any advice.

critterhouse 75
    western wisconsin

you read it wrong projected to go up next week it might be dirty and rising but you will be fine

crappies

Thanks critterhouse 75! Like I said dont fish river much.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you put in at Wabasha their public ramps are tough to use much over 10′. If you’re working backwater areas I’d not hesitate to give it a go in high water, just use caution. The landings along the dike road heading towards WI are pretty user friendly at 10-11′ still even for decent sized boats if you have a 4WD vehicle. They’re gravel, but will be deep enough for anything at those levels. Lake City’s landings can handle higher water too.

Deleted

Use the landing at parkside marina in wabasha. It’s free, it’s deeper and a lot less weeds than the main landing at wabasha…… or use Berna’s landing on county 24, just above the pioneer supper club. There’s no dock at Berna’s and it’s shallow & weedy as F but it’s close to some really good fishing near the north side of the Alma Dam. Flow isn’t terrible but water is dirty, so expect sucky fishing after the big rain this week. We were going to fish this weekend but have decided to make alternate plans due to the rain/dirty water.

crappies

Thanks guys my expectations are low but I gotta get when I can. Like they say catching fish is a bonus!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.