missed my boat registration

• slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

How this happened? So apparently my boat registration expired back in ’13. I just received that card last December ’14. I didn’t ever look, just went to DMV and they said you got this back in ’13. No I didn’t, but why argue, I just want to renew it, ty. Now I better put those new stickers on the boat.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Weird deal. I usually glance at mine every now and then just to make sure.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

snail mail is really bad. I send out invoice and sometimes it takes month and half for them to receive it

deertracker

This is how my day went a few days ago. Go to the house to get my boat and my kids. Pull the duck blind off the boat. Crap! Expired and its 1730 so the license bureau is closed. Go inside to buy online and the printer won’t work. Drive to the office and use the computer there. Finally get to the lake and find a nasty bug hatch. doah
    DT

glenn57
    cold spring mn

funny you say this. I left mine at home when I went north. had the wife text me a picture hoping the DNR WOULD ACCEPT THAT. there on the boat now!!!!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I found out with car tabs, just because you didn’t receive the card in the mail, you are still responsible for renewing the tabs/boat registration. Its something different every year, boat, four wheeler, snowmobile, boat trailer which is every year.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

The boat trailer thing drives me nuts. My trailer travels twice a year. 600 feet from my garage at the lake to the landing and back in the spring. Repeat trip in the fall. So less than 1/2 mile in a year and I have to pay for new tabs every year. The kicker is, no license renewal required on trailers 3000 lbs and less. My trailer is rated for 3100….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I got tired of all the confusion as I had 3 boats w/trailers and an ATV registered, so I finally entered reminders on my Google Calendar for when each registration expires.

I also entered an annual “check everything” reminder in March so that I know to inspect all the stickers and make sure I’m up to speed on what expires and when.

Like PTC, I have the added issue of a big trailer that needs annual license renewals just like a car. Usually I remember, but since the boat is in storage 40 miles away, I have to remember to buy the tabs and then bring them with me when I go and get it in the spring.

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.