Miss Water Levels & Safety

• Jesse D.

Anyone care to chime in on water levels in pool 1 (and above) and 2? I am itching to get the new/used boat on the water before opener but haven’t dared in the past several weeks because of levels and current.

CBMN
    North Metro

Pool 2 is at 12.9′ right now just down from the crest of 14.38′ so I would still think it is 8 or 9′ high and flowing a lot of water. IF it is concern for you there are several lakes in the north metro open already also.

Jesse D.

Pool 2 is at 12.9′ right now just down from the crest of 14.38′ so I would still think it is 8 or 9′ high and flowing a lot of water. IF it is concern for you there are several lakes in the north metro open already also.

What’s open nearby to downtown Minneapolis?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I would think just about any lake. I know for a fact that Weaver and Fish in Maple Grove have been open since Monday.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Neighbor hit crystal yesterday.

CBMN
    North Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jesse D. wrote:</div>

I would think just about any lake. I know for a fact that Weaver and Fish in Maple Grove have been open since Monday.

X2, but really don’t know as I don’t spend any time on lakes in that area. But if you have any concerns about the boat, river current/river levels, a lake is likely a better option for this weekend.

Jesse D.

Exactly why I am asking. No real concerns but never had it on water before.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

River ain’t no place right now for never been in water boat ride.

Hit up one of the many lakes around that are open.

Jesse D.

Done and done. Boat floats. Motor runs.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

What launches on p2 are open now? I know hidden falls is still closed. Is 494 open?

Jesse D.

What launches on p2 are open now? I know hidden falls is still closed. Is 494 open?

If it’s so high and fast that HF is closed I’m not going out either way.

I was just hoping to put in at Boom Island (not Pool 2).

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Done and done. Boat floats. Motor runs.

Sounds like a good day to me! Congrats on the first part, the river will be ready soon enough.

I was in hudson today, lakefront launch still has half the parking lot under water.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

494 is still barricaded and probably will be for more than a few days

Brandon Schlecht

If your close to boom island then I would just go over to twin lakes in Robbinsdale. I love about halfway between them in north and usually go to twin lakes when I just need water to test, winterize, etc. it’s rarely busy. Just go West on 81/Broadway and it’s on the right side before you get to 100.

The launch is on to a small no wake lake. Go under the bridge and it goes to a bit bigger lake. If you go across the second lake there is a longer windy channel that connects to a pretty good size lake. It’s much bigger then you’d expect and pretty well hidden.

Jesse D.

If your close to boom island then I would just go over to twin lakes in Robbinsdale. I love about halfway between them in north and usually go to twin lakes when I just need water to test, winterize, etc. it’s rarely busy. Just go West on 81/Broadway and it’s on the right side before you get to 100.

The launch is on to a small no wake lake. Go under the bridge and it goes to a bit bigger lake. If you go across the second lake there is a longer windy channel that connects to a pretty good size lake. It’s much bigger then you’d expect and pretty well hidden.

So well hidden I didn’t even know the lake had a launch. I may head out there today.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Just drove down to the 494 access, still barricaded. Some junk on the access like a big dead tree next to turnaround island. Water is still high but obviously down from where it was. Didn’t see much floating down river other than a big Ingram tug and some guy in a kayak.

S.R.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brandon Schlecht wrote:</div>

So well hidden I didn’t even know the lake had a launch. I may head out there today.

Last time I launched there to test a boat the ramp was really sketchy and I think I bottomed out my trailer. Hopefully they fixed it since then.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.