Minnesota Moose Data

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Mn Moose Study

Not surprised wolves are a major factor in the deaths of moose, both adults and calves.

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

So is it a safe assumption that if the wolf population decreased in MN, that the moose population would increase?

If we want to see the moose population rebound, we must agree to decrease the influence of the four legged apex predator that is prominent in the moose woods.

Seems pretty simple to me…

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

Yep!

Can’t have it both ways, Jack!! (courtesy of Uncle Si)

The other thing that struck me funny, was that wolves don’t honor the “once in a lifetime” harvest program we have here in MN. They kill as many as they can catch and eat. They could give two farts about moose numbers.

I think wolves are awesome predators and I have a huge amount of respect for them, but if their survival means another resource goes extinct, well, my vote is to keep the species that tastes best.

As I see it, the DNR has basically said to us, moose aren’t for people to hunt, they are only for wolves to hunt. Thanks for playing.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Read the article in today’s Star blaming global warming for the Moose decline. Can’t believe it. There have also been some article’s about Shira’s Moose are declining out west in some area’s. Some are blaming ticks and warmer weather. The odd thing they all coincide with areas where the wolf has been reintroduced hmmmm makes a guy wonder how the wolf can increase the temps in winter. LMAO

Mwal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.