WY Pronghorn hunt

• cboutdoors
    Rochester,MN

I will be hunting area 113 near Kaycee this October. Anyone have any history with this area of part of WY?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

We ran into A LOT of land-locked BLM properties. Also, Many ranchers had their properties in the BLM program, and had No Trespassing signs plastered all over it. I made the mistake of going with the paper BLM maps, which don’t even work well as toilet paper.

The absolute most important advise I can give you (if you haven’t already) is to buy the BLM chip or card for a hand held gps unit. Don’t count on a phone app, as you will be getting into areas that are out of range.

Per the WY CO we talked with “Those maps are garbage. If the land is in the BLM, just go and forget about the no trespassing signs. If there is a dispute, I verify your exact location on my gps. If your in the color, your good, if not, you get a fine”

Now, if the BLM property is land locked or no road access, you MUST have permission to cross the other rancher’s property to get there. We ran into a lot of that in that area.

Otherwise, beautiful rolling terrain and we came across a couple huge prairie dog colonies

Also, if you have the time, take a ride up through the passes on the Big Horn Mounts. Beautiful!!! My girls had to get out and have a snowball fight

BTW – Look out for traffic jams…they can be a stank’n mess

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.