Mn Moose

• super_do
    St Michael, MN

Anybody other than myself find it interesting that last year the DNR claimed the moose population dropped around 35% so no moose season in 2013. Other than the 3 moose that died in the first few days after collaring the 110 adult moose this past winter, only 2 deaths of the remaining 107 have been reported. One was a wolf kill and the other, they haven’t reported cause of death yet. Huh? I also heard (not read) that over half of the 45 moose calves that were collared this spring, were killed by wolves and bears.
    Sure doesn’t sound like global warming to me

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

They have been saying for years it wasn’t the wolves. It will be hard for them to admit they were wrong and the decimation of the Mn moose can be largely to blame on the lack of wolf management.

The same thing happened with elk out west, elk in the Black Hills(this was kitty cats though). If we don’t help keep these amazing predators in check, the game animals can’t survive. Sure back before man settled here they could, but there were hundreds of thousands of buffalo, elk, deer, antelope etc.. to support the predators.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.