Success In Wyoming

• dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Had a great hunt in Wyoming. We went 4 for 4 in 2 days. Here is a little teaser pic. I will get more pics up when work slows down a bit.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nice avatar…. Can’t wait to read all about it Dennis. 4 for 4 is awesome!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Them are big horns, even on the little avatar Nice job, some year I need to weasel in on a trip like this

todders
    Shoreview, MN

That sounds like good odds , was this public, DIY, outfitter, gun??? Come on man! This is ido’s first big game harvest of the season! We need the story

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Or better yet, all 4 of them

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Sorry guys, wanted to do this last night but having issues with my router at home.

This was an outfitted archery hunt on private land over water holes.

We arrived at the ranch south of Gillette early afternoon on Wednesday. After unpacking a shooting our bows a few times, our guide asked if we wanted to drive around the ranch or if we wanted to go sit and hunt until dark. Well, I’m guessing you guys know what our answer was. Off to the blinds for a bonus afternoon hunt.

I was dropped off at my blind around 2:30 and there were goats everywhere. Climbed into the blind and got comfortable for my 6 hour sit. Wasnt long before I had my first visitor. (Teaser Pic) Right behind him was my first real buck and he was one that put my patience to the test. Tough call but I decided to pass seeing it was the first “bonous” afternoon. Had a couple other “boarderline” bucks and does but nothing I wanted this early in the hunt. Also had a couple of WT does come into water, got a cool picture of Antelope and Whitetail in the same picture.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Next morning, up early and in my blind by 6:30. Settled in and trying to get mentally prepared to spend the next 14 hrs in a blind in 90 degree heat. Finally after 3 hrs of seeing nothing, I was caught off guard by a buck that snuck in behind me. After taking a quick look, I decided to take him. The shot was 20 yds and I was lucky enough to have placed an arrow right in the kitchen. The arrow cut off the top of his heart and he tipped over in eyesight. The Trophy Taker Ulmer Edge Broadhead did it’s job and I tagged a nice WY Antelope.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Here are a couple pics of my buddies goats. One was a stud that had double cutters on one horn and the other was a 80″ giant named Billy The Kid. “Shoot me and I will make you famous”.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Awesome

neusch303

Now that gets the blood boiling.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

That is great! Nice job boys, way to get it done

corey_waller
    hastings mn

nice job!!! i gotta do this someday!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Congrats on a great hunt!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Next morning, up early and in my blind by 6:30. Settled in and trying to get mentally prepared to spend the next 14 hrs in a blind in 90 degree heat. Finally after 3 hrs of seeing nothing, I was caught off guard by a buck that snuck in behind me. After taking a quick look, I decided to take him. The shot was 20 yds and I was lucky enough to have placed an arrow right in the kitchen. The arrow cut off the top of his heart and he tipped over in eyesight. The Trophy Taker Ulmer Edge Broadhead did it’s job and I tagged a nice WY Antelope.

Very nice goat, Dennis!!!

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Here are a couple pics of my buddies goats. One was a stud that had double cutters on one horn and the other was a 80″ giant named Billy The Kid. “Shoot me and I will make you famous”.

And that is a set of horns!!! Nice brown head on him too, very cool animal!!! Congrats to your buddy!!!

Mark

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Oh man….. this sure gets the saliva going! I’ve got goats on my bucket list….. used to have friends in Gillette but they moved two years ago. Can’t wait until I get the chance! Until then, congrats to you and your buds! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.