Dream Hunt

• johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Well I still can’t believe it even as I type this. The end of June I’ll be leaving for South Africa on a 7 day safari for plains game!! I was asked about a month and a half ago and after a crappy 2011 I thought why not?? It’s a place I’ve always wanted to go,just thought I’d never be going so soon. I’m super excited and just had to share with ya. We will be hunting the Limpopo province of South Africa with Cheetah Safari’s.

big_g
    Isle, MN

WOW Johnsy !!! Someday…maybe… I have heard it is life changing, going to the Dark Continent. Even the air seems “different” my ex-brother in law said. Good luck and I can’t wait to see lots of pictures and stories to go with them

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

WOW – Can’t wait to see the pics and read all about it

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome!!!! What will you be taking for guns? How many animals do you hope to get? Which ones?

Good Luck!!!!!!!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Good for you! I’ve been invited on 2 hunts but have yet to go. After each trip the guys have told me that I was dumb not to go and as said above, it is a life changing experience. Not just the hunting but seeing a whole different world. The people, the culture and the animals…. Damn, I think I’m starting to talk myself into this. Take lots of pictures. Good luck!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sweet. I would love to get to Africa. Take lots of pictures.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Can’t wait to see the photos!! Good luck!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very cool Justin! And great timing being the end of June when there’s nothing else to hunt around here. Please share more info. about what you are targeting with what weapon.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Awesome!!!! What will you be taking for guns? How many animals do you hope to get? Which ones?

Good Luck!!!!!!!

The gun has been a concern of mine but after talking with our PH I’m going with my .270. With premium ammo and a good shot placement I should be good to go. The animal’s I’ll be persuing will be warthog,zebra,impala,blesbuck,kudu,gemsbuck,steenbuck, springbok,civet,duiker,. I know I pry wont see everything but its a good starting point. It will mostly be a spot and stalk as I want to see as much of the land as I possibly can.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Interesting. I’ve only watched Under Wild Skies and Dangerous Game on VS. Those boys shoot everything with giant lead. I can’t wait to see the pics and hear your stories!

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Good Luck!!!!!!!

The gun has been a concern of mine but after talking with our PH I’m going with my .270. With premium ammo and a good shot placement I should be good to go. The animal’s I’ll be persuing will be warthog,zebra,impala,blesbuck,kudu,civet,duiker,. I know I pry wont see everything but its a good starting point.

The Zebra and Kudu are by far the biggest critters on you list. The 270 should put a hurt on all of them either way. Congrats and good luck Justin.

My boss went last year, if you see a snake, don’t ask questions. Just shoot it, the Mamba’s are so poisonous they don’t even call the doctor, they call the funeral director.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

You lucky dog you Can’t wait to hear how much fun you had them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.