Muskox with Archery Equipment

• DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Here are a couple of pic’s of my cousin along with a friend that recently had a very successful muskox trip. My cousin Jeff took his with his long bow. Jeff said both animals were very good, but his friend Mike shot a slob. Mike was the only non-resident that drew a tag this year. Congrats to both!

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Very, very cool!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

You beat me to it! Man they hunt some fun animals…and with archery equipment no less! Great job guys!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

One more picture!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

More info from my cousin Jeff:

“Mike,

Temp’s were around zero, Mikes Bull scored a whopping 115 5/8 green which would put it as a Alaska State record, old record 111 and some change, my bull scored 105 which is B&C minimum, P&Y is 90,, We call him (Muskox Mike) Tastes like chicken!

Pretty cool experience!!”

Congrats Mike on your possible Alaskan State Record!

lick

Very cool thanks for sharing guys

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Awesome

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

coppertop
    Central MN

That’s alot of hair and hide to get through. Congrats to them.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very cool! I would like to hear more about the hunt. I’ve heard one hunting strategy is to try and break up the herd separating the bull and then head to the highest ground. I guess the bull is attracted to the higher ground because he’s visually looking for the rest of the herd.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I want more story as well. I have heard these animals have gotten very difficult to hunt then in years past. They used to form a circle and fight, but now they will not do this due to hunting pressure. Getting within bow range of a animal of this caliber would be crazy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.