Wyoming kid

• Anonymous

Stole this from my family blog. I’m invited next year with free lodging and guide service

In my Aunt’s words:

“Bob has been pretty busy since Thanksgiving Day. He told my nephew this past summer that if he bought an elk license that he would help him get an elk. The Game and Fish Department was issuing some reduced priced cow licenses in the Laramie Peak hunt area. Since he is only 14, he was able to get a reduced youth cow license. My brother and his family came up for Thanksgiving. So, Friday morning they got up really early and headed over by Laramie Peak to see if they could catch up to some elk. Well, they hunted real hard on Friday, saw some, but weren’t able to get close enough to get a good shot off. Saturday morning they took off again to see if their luck had changed. Bob said that they almost got one before sunup!! He said that there was a four point bull standing in the middle of a blacktop road at 5:30 in the morning. He managed to get his truck stopped ten yards from the elk, and it just stood in the middle of the road and looked at them. He was lucky that time!! They hunted pretty hard all morning, and finally just as they were about ready to call it a day, they saw a herd of 50 to 60 elk come rolling over a small hill. My nephew got set up and managed to drop a real nice cow about 200 yards from the truck. As you can see from the pictures, he was a pretty happy kid!! Bob still has his tag to fill, but has until the end of January, so he isn’t real worried about it.”

anyway congrats and great job getting the youth invloved Uncle! See ya next year

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

That is awesome! How does a guy load something like that in the back of a truck? I have a hard enough time with a whitetail.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The guys who live out west are tougher.

I’ve seen lots of contraptions rigged to load elk. Come-along in a tree, back under etc…

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

The smile says it all! Thanks for posting DeanoB!

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

No kidding, the smile is great, good for him!

lick

yep thats a big smile

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Nice work, good to see the young ones scoring

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

thats awesome congrats to him

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

That smile says it all.

Congrats to your Nephew on his first Elk!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

The smile says it all! Thanks for posting DeanoB!

X2 Memories for a lifetime

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.