Minnkota/Terrova remote question (RF error)

• shockers
    Rochester

Guys,

Wondering if you can help me troubleshoot. On Sunday, while fishing in the rain, my Terrova iPilot remote displayed “RF error” and would not work. I googled and see that, per Minnkota (and in a later phone call with them) that this is usually a ‘fatal’ error meaning your remote is bad. Remote and trolling motor are about 2 years old (bluetooth enabled). I went and got a replacement remote. But then, a day or so later, I tried my old remote again while I was parked in driveway and it appears to work.

Minnkota guy said while the error code almost certainly means a bad remote, he wasn’t sure why my remote now might now work. But he said sometimes if there is a power issue (low battery etc.) that might also cause the code to trigger. I will say when my remote displayed the code out on the water I switched to foot pedal and trolling motor appeared to work fine, so I am skeptical of a power issue.

Maybe rain caused remote to go on the fritz? Or maybe it’s just on its last legs. I dunno.

But if you have any ideas, I’m all ears. Thanks!

shockers
    Rochester

One more try….anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.