MinnKota foot pedal

• buckeye

I went into Reed’s in Walker today to buy a replacement foot pedal for my trolling motor. I was told that MinnKota is not longer making the power drive pedal with the flat connector. Contacted another store , bought their last one and was told that they can no longer get them either. Anybody else heard this? Any ideas for future replacements? Thanks. R

gary d
    cordova,il

I have not hear anything, but sometimes it seem they will have parts for just so long and than the manufacturer what you to always buy something new. Getting to be a throw away society.

munchy
    NULL

I believe that by law manufacturers must ba able to provide parts during the term of their longest warranty. Once that expires they can quit making replacement parts at any time and use up whatever stock they have remaining. It makes no good business sense to manufacture replacement parts indefinitely, keeping the tooling and parts around would prove very costly.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Time to (under force) up grade!

brunn
    Andover, MN

The rumor is true. I was at the Motor clinic recently and was told Minn Kota no longer supports the foot pedals for the older, flat end style. The guy told me I better hang on to mine as parts are hard to come by.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.