Minnesota Vikings 2019 Season Thread

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Vikes players walking into the stadium earlier today:
    “Man, got a lake I want to check out on the bye week, maybe test out a new ride, hope Zim cuts us a few extra days.”

After needing to come back from 20 points to beat a 3-7 team:
    “&@#$ it, guess we’re watching film and practicing.”

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I have no faith in Zim’s ability to game plan. I believe he is good with in game adjustments, which is very important, but what are the point differentials for the first half this season vs. the second half?

saddletramp

When denver hit the punter, why did zim decline the penalty? Or did I miss something?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I just heard that NFL teams over the past 5 seasons trailing by 20 or more at half were 0-99. After today’s game, that record is now 1-99.

iowa_josh

I think I had a stroke today.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

man it is so nice to have a game managing 28 million dollar PRO quarterback in a league with only big boys. Well deserved week off and some rest needed before the trip to the west coast against a team they have no business beating…..D needs to step up big time as they have been the weak link IMHO.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Humm! It was an atrocious game to watch. Well, past stats don’t mean crud. We have seen time and again from other teams to overcome being in the whole and win. I see this as maturity. In the past they would have folded.

Side note: what’s with rhoades sitting on his arse and pouting when he gets burnt.
    DON’T get me started wayens. devil

So in tradition with the vikes who gets the late season bump in pay?

Full disclosure I went and did laundry at half time and missed the first score by the vikes but something told me to tune in on the radio. Well, I have to buy some new undies now and replace the door on the dryer.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

When denver hit the punter, why did zim decline the penalty? Or did I miss something?

If was something like 4th and 6. The 5 yard penalty would not give them a first down. Basically the option to re-kick didn’t make sense as the fist kick put Denver near the 20.

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Denver’s a top 5 defense. They are very good. We are lucky they havent scored a td in the fourth quarter this year! Great comeback by Cousins. No vikings team has come back from a 20 point deficit at half in 55 such games.

The Sea Chickens are going to be tough. Their defense isn’t nearly as good as Denver’s but I don’t think we can stop Russell and Tyler Lockett with the way are secondary is playing. Cousins and the offense will have to be on point the WHOLE game.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The Sea Chickens are going to be tough. Their defense isn’t nearly as good as Denver’s but I don’t think we can stop Russell and Tyler Lockett with the way are secondary is playing. Cousins and the offense will have to be on point the WHOLE game.

As a 9er fan, I’ll be rooting for the Vikes!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The Way the Def. is playing this season the Team knows they are going to have to score 20 + points a game to have a chance in most games. Thankfully the offense has been able to do that most of the games. Rhodes is Garbage. At this point I don’t think he could cover a OK high school receiver. He just looks really slow. almost every big play highlight shows him trailing the receiver by 3-5 Yards. If he gets closer than that to the receiver he just grabs or tackles them and gets a flag anyway. Its nice to see that they are able to win a few close games that they would normally lose.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah I don’t know what they are going to do with Rhodes, but he’s been terrible. I don’t think he was elite last year either, I think he had a hamstring injury or something, but even compared to last year he’s been dreadful.

Completion % when targeted 2018: 61.3%
    Completion % when targeted 2019: 82.5%

QB rating when targeted 2018: 85.3
    QB rating when targeted 2019: 116.7

So last year, QBs were basically Dan Marino when they targeted him. This year, they are better than 2018 Patrick Mahomes when they target him.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah I don’t know what they are going to do with Rhodes, but he’s been terrible. I don’t think he was elite last year either, I think he had a hamstring injury or something, but even compared to last year he’s been dreadful.

Completion % when targeted 2018: 61.3%
    Completion % when targeted 2019: 82.5%

QB rating when targeted 2018: 85.3
    QB rating when targeted 2019: 116.7

So last year, QBs were basically Dan Marino when they targeted him. This year, they are better than 2018 Patrick Mahomes when they target him.

He’s lost a step or three, and the refs are onto all his grabbing and holding.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

NBC Sports has an ongoing compiled list of NFL MVP candidates. I can’t believe this but Cousins is currently listed at #4 in the voting. Remember back in week 3 at Chicago when everyone was complaining about his performance? Since week 3, he is either 1 or 2 in every major QB statistical category.
    #1 in touchdowns thrown
    #1 in least interceptions thrown
    #2 in completion percentage
    #2 in yardage thrown

Here is the current list of MVP candidates per NBC Sports:
    1) Lamar Jackson
    2) Russell Wilson
    3) Deshaun Watson
    4) Kirk Cousins
    5) Christian McCaffrey

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Erin and the packers definitely not ready for primetime. I heard on the radio today that the packers have only beaten 4 teams with a winning record this season. One of them being us of course. Good day for the purple watching the pack get whooped under the bright lights. Big game next week against Seattle

blank

Erin and the packers definitely not ready for primetime. I heard on the radio today that the packers have only beaten 4 teams with a winning record this season. One of them being us of course. Good day for the purple watching the pack get whooped under the bright lights. Big game next week against Seattle

It is nice to see the Packers losing tonight. However, the Vikings have only beat 2 teams with a winning record this season, the 6-5 Raiders and 6-5 Cowboys.

John Timm

Yeah the Queen’s haven’t beat any good teams either. There seems to be a lack of consistent good teams in the NFL this year.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

You also have to realize that less than half the teams in the league even have a winning record. So to have 4 of your 8 wins come against teams with a winning record is probably near tops in the league.

The AFC playoff picture has dang near sorted itself it.
    The NFC playoff picture has a lot of good teams that can all move up or down. However, there is a decent gap between the wild card teams and the teams competing for a wild card. There can still be a lot of movement within teams 1-6 though.

B-man

The 49ers defense is for real. They are a huge part of why they are 10-1.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I really enjoyed watching Aaron run around not knowing what to do with himself and crying every time someone touched him.

Attachments:
    1. 8B1F3EF2-B651-4613-BC82-2A4C5226B89D.jpeg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I really enjoyed watching Aaron run around not knowing what to do with himself and crying every time someone touched him.

Seriously! I have a ton of respect for his game, but he whines for calls more than the biggest NBA primadonna.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Seriously! I have a ton of respect for his game, but he whines for calls more than the biggest NBA primadonna.

Karl?

John Timm

Looking at who the niners beat this year and looks like they have only beat around 4 teams with winning records.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well after watching this Monday nite game and the smackdown the ravens are putting on the rams……………….I’m glad the Vikings don’t have to play them until the super bowl!!!!!!! whistling

Beast

well after watching this Monday nite game and the smackdown the ravens are putting on the rams……………….I’m glad the Vikings don’t have to play them until the super bowl!!!!!!! whistling

That’s funny stuff.

Beast

They’re theme song just went from Skol to slip sliding away…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Rhodes is single handedly killing this team…..

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Zimmers Defense looks pretty bad, again. And falling for the fake punt… that’s classic.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

And here I am almost starting to feel confident with our kicking game…..

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

William Schattner just tweeted, ” Don’t EVER call Cousins Captain Kirk again…..”

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 664 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.