Minneapolis Airport Parking?

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Hello,

We will be flying out of Minneapolis next month. We are looking for parking options. Something with a 24hour shuttle service and not $40 plus per day parking.

If there are places we should definitely avoid, please mention those as well.

TIA,

FDR

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My wife and I used Park and Fly a week ago. They picked us promptly as we were parking and brought us to the airport at 5 am. Pretty awesome service.

The return trip we were at the airport with about 40 other people waiting for the next shuttle. Needless to say it turned into combat boarding of the shuttles when one would arrive. They needed far more than 1 shuttle running back and forth. They were told to send many more but it took another 20 minutes for them to send a few more. It was comical watching people fight to get on these shuttles. We lucked out and one stopped right in front of us when the third one arrived.

Overall the experience would’ve been awesome if it weren’t for the return trip. We saw 3 Park and Go shuttles to every Park and Fly shuttle.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Park N Go

Dan
    Southeast MN

We use EZ Air Park out of Eagan. Obviously it adds a little time to your day than pulling right into airport parking but a great option if you don’t want to pay airport parking prices. Been going through them for 10-15 years.

Krh129

Quick Ride is on site at MSP Airport $19 a day or $17 a day if you pre book.

ThunderLund78

Park & Go or Park & Fly right off American Blvd are both great. Been using them for years and have never had an issue. Might want to check on current prices but I think they’re within your stated range (my wife takes care of most of that as she gets a discount).

Prompt shuttles that run 24 hrs and the ride is short. I think what Biggill said is a bit of an anomaly. If it’s during “normal” hours there’s always several shuttles going and if you miss one, the next one’s never more than 5 minutes behind. In all my years of using both services, I’ve never witnessed a crowd needed to sort out who goes and who waits, but I’ve been on a few standing rides. If your flight gets in at a late hour, they ask you to call the number on your ticket after you land so they can plan to meet you and ensure there’s enough capacity.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I get lucky and park in the Kraus construction lot for free and walk right in. I didn’t realize how spendy park and ride was

Pat K
    Empire, MN

My son and his friends will stay at a Bloomington hotel the night before their flight and get free shuttle service to the airport and up to a weeks parking included with the room. The one night at the hotel costs less than a week of parking at the park and rides.

tswoboda

Prompt shuttles that run 24 hrs and the ride is short. I think what Biggill said is a bit of an anomaly. If it’s during “normal” hours there’s always several shuttles going and if you miss one, the next one’s never more than 5 minutes behind.

I can second what Biggill said – same experience to a tee. Long wait with not enough shuttles for PNF and watching a bunch of PNG shuttles come and go. That was on a sunday or monday, early afternoon. Agree that PNF has always been good previously, I’m sure they’re just short on shuttle drivers right now.

tswoboda

My son and his friends will stay at a Bloomington hotel the night before their flight and get free shuttle service to the airport and up to a weeks parking included with the room. The one night at the hotel costs less than a week of parking at the park and rides.

Living well outside the metro, I’ve done this at a few different MSP hotels and there was always delays with shuttles. Drove me nuts and I much prefer staying at family or friends the night before and then using one of the actual airport parking areas.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We also do the night before at the hotel, Best Western Plus. Free parking for the week and the shuttle was always on time for us. waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

and if you prepay for park n go it’s quite a bit cheaper.
    I’ve never had to wait more then 10 minutes for a shuttle even when my flight lands at midnight.
    As far as combat boarding, just keep a look out by the door and when the shuttle turns the corner start walking towards it while the other people are sitting on the benches talking to each other. You’ll get right on.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Park N Fly for many years. Pre Covid, I traveled 2-3 times a month. They have been very good for me with prompt service. In the last 3 months or heavy “vacation” times I think they all take a step towards the bad. You must be realistic when you travel, or you will drive yourself nuts! In my opinion getting there and making your flight is more important than having to wait a little longer getting back to your car. Your car is going nowhere and will wait for you. Use the Park N Fly app and you can see the shuttle coming. Casually walk outside and you will make the first shuttle. You also gain reward days pretty quickly that can fund free parking and parking discounts.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We go to Palm Springs every February during the dead of Winter for a getaway and fly a couple of other times a year for various things. The Mrs. travels all over with friends and family, so she has it down to a science. We’ve tried quite a variety of parking options but have ended up back at the airport.

Staying at a hotel the night before is a solid option. However, the hotel prices have skyrocketed and I’ve personally had those shuttle services late about half of the time. If you aren’t on a time crunch and aren’t super familiar with flying, this is still a good option as it gets you close the night before and keeps things simple.

We’ve done the Park N Go type places as well. In the summer these are a more viable option. I find in the Winter that the lots are usually plowed terribly and cars are stacked in them. These shuttles are definitely more reliable time wise than hotel ones. Having to clear off cars when you return, and just generally scheduling extra time to deal with it all makes it easier to pass on in the Winter.

Parking at the airport is expensive…very expensive. However, if you are flying in non-peak times and are a regular flyer you can really expedite the process. I can still get in a half-day of work and not be in a mad rush this way. If it is just my wife and I it is not unheard of to exit our car in the airport ramp and be through security with our bags checked in and having a cocktail within 20 minutes. We try to not dedicate an entire day to flying and spending excessive time in the airport that we don’t have, so this works best for us.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We use EZ Air Park out of Eagan. Obviously it adds a little time to your day than pulling right into airport parking but a great option if you don’t want to pay airport parking prices. Been going through them for 10-15 years.

This is the only one I have ever used. No problems.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

There is a hotel near by that has a Pilot special $35 a week. Just have to have a Pilot hat. lol

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Another vote for the hotel the night before and take their shuttle. Free week of parking. And we live 30 minutes from airport. Especially if you have an early departure or late return flight and are going to be gone for more than a couple days.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If your heading south sown Cedar/77… look left after the mall.. that’s the Best Western Plus. All those vehicles covered in snow.. yeah, those people are on vacation !!! yay

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

That’s where family and friends come in. We get dropped off and picked up, easy peasy.

mudhole

We travel a lot and have always used P&F. One time decided to use P&G. When we got there they told us they were pretty full and wanted us to leave our keys so they could move our car if they needed. “NO CHANCE!” was my response. We ended up parking at the airport without another reservation.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.