Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 to I-Pilot Link

• Terry Zimmerman

Hi,
    Thorne brothers is advertising part 2880282 for I-Pilot Link for Powerdrive V2. https://www.thornebros.com/products/minn-kota-head-assy-v2-ipilot-link-p-n-2880282 Is anyone familiar with this? I currently have a powerdrive V2 that I bought in 2016. I am controlling it with a pronav system that works ok, but not ideal for what I want it to do. Can I upgrade this model to an I-Pilot Link? I would like to control it with my phone app and locator. I can find no information on this kit at all and what it does. Motor is like new so I would like to keep it and upgrade if possible.

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have a Powerdrive V2 with a IPilot Link, Minn-kota has not made the Link version in years. The spotlock is not the super tight over the big rock in a wind, jog version that you get today. Since I don’t fish in gail force chop, it works for me…

If I had to choose a feature that is worth every penny it is follow the contour…

Attachments:
    1. DSCF6916-scaled.jpg

Terry Zimmerman

So after many hours of looking, research, shopping etc. I found that there is now a new upgrade head for the Powerdrive that upgrades to the new Advanced GPS which has all the features of I-pilot link plus more- a drift feature. The kit was only $525.00 which was a lot cheaper than getting a different motor. Really looking forward to getting this kit and the upgrade. Been waiting for this for 5 years!!

Adam Hanson

I had a power drive with the updated I pilot head added on after I had bought the motor. It works pretty well, and I didn’t have issues with it. I bought it mainly to have the spotlock ability for that motor.

My current boat has a Terrova with I-pilot and the gps puck. I have to say having the jog feature it very nice. The Terrova replaced the same model Terrova that was on the boat when I bought it but 11 years newer. The GPS, and software the newer motors use is definitely an improvement over the early ones.

toddrun

I have installed the I-Pilot upgrade on 2 Minnkota’s, and they worked as advertised. Never had any issues, and fairly simple.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.