Mille lacs report

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like the tulibees have begun to move into shallower water. Mammoth muskies will be following shortly.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’ve been over there 4 times this month, always with favorable winds. Last night was the first trip I didn’t take a keeper home. I caught 5 fish; two were under 20, two were too close to 23″ to risk getting pinched, and the big gal was 25.5″ and 5.75lbs. I lost two fish and had at least 5 bites that didn’t hook up. I fished from 10 to midnight. I got four on a 4.75 Rage Swimmer and one on an X-Rap Shad Shallow. I was picking weeds off the crank two-thirds of the time, so didn’t throw it for very long.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Last night I arrived at my shore spot on the West side of the lake a little after 10 PM. A little over an hour later and biteless I was pondering how that could be in these perfect wind conditions. I was just about to make a lure change when a walleye just under 20″ stuck my Ultimate Jerk Shad. Whew, no skunk. I caught its chunker twin brother about 5 minutes later. I fished for about 10 more minutes, then got a call that I was needed at home, so I packed up about 20 minutes early. They wanted the lure moving moderately slow, with no pause. Usually, in cold water the pause is key, but for whatever reason they wanted it moving tonight.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.