Mille Lacs

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is there such a thing as a Muskie Bar / Restaurant on Mille Lacs? Someplace they tend to have the guides and Muskie enthusiast hang out? Muskie info is hard to come by (I understand why) just wondering if a guy could bump into people in the know.
    More interested in a place thats real informal vs joining Muskie Inc or any clubs.

Thanks for any help you are willing to share. applause

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

On Mille Lacs? Nope, if there ever was such a place…I’d certainly know about it.

Walleye is the Minnesota state fish, it’s always been all about the walleye in Minnesota and Mille Lacs legend and lore has always claimed the lake to be the “Walleye Capitol”.

And then add the overall resistance and at times outrage that muskies were even put there to begin with. Because…you know, they eat all the walleye. roll

There are mostly secretive muskie anglers out there, but you won’t find many…if any in the local watering holes talking about muskies.

Heck, even the bass jocks I rarely see in the bars. They fish the day and go home.

If you’re looking to find a muskie fishing culture, look east to Wisconsin. Hayward, Eagle River, Boulder Junction…great places to pull up a barstool and talk muskie fishing.

No wonder…it’s their state fish. smirk

john23
    St. Paul, MN

They’re on the water. Probably right now at this moment, living on Red Bull and whatever else. Head out to the shallow rocks and you’ll find them. Cast pounder bull dawgs and you’ll fit right in.

Angler II

Is there such a thing as a Muskie Bar / Restaurant on Mille Lacs? Someplace they tend to have the guides and <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Muskie enthusiast hang out? <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Muskie info is hard to come by (I understand why) just wondering if a guy could bump into people in the know.
    More interested in a place thats real informal vs joining Muskie Inc or any clubs.

Thanks for any help you are willing to share. applause

Macs twin bay aka boathouse bar usually has quite a few Muskies guys in and out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If there is one, agree it would be Mac’s.

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They’re on the water. Probably right now at this moment, living on Red Bull and whatever else. Head out to the shallow rocks and you’ll find them. Cast pounder bull dawgs and you’ll fit right in.

I think the cisco/tulibee spawn is occurring, or will soon.

tim hurley

You have the right idea-talk to people out there, way better info than you would get on say this site(just sayin)
    I ask at gas stations, at the launch, DNR, teenagers at a corn stand, heck I would even consider going to church!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.