Mid Trip Rainy Lake Report June 29th

• JMP1890

Looking out the cabin windows at relatively calm Rainy Lake and a wet island and boat. Vacation is about half over. Weather has been interesting. We arrived Sunday to NW wind and rain. Tuesday was a small chop from the SW and yesterday was rain and SE wind. Oh, and temp in the mid 50’s to high of 72 I believe. Perfect sleeping weather.

Fishing has been slow for me. Mayfly hatch has just started. Been finding a lot of unders, only 2 fish in the slot, and 2 overs. Haven’t figured it out yet. Fish are moving as I sometimes don’t find fish in the same spot as yesterday. Most consistent technique has been jigging rap for me. Pulling spinners with leech or crawler, my go to, has produced very few fish.

I did fish yesterday trolling #5 & #7 shad raps over 20 to 30 feet of water on planner board catching a few walleye and nothern. Bait fish and/or mayflys were all over the mouth of the bay down 5 to 10 feet. I’ve never caught fish that far off the bottom.

I better get back to work. Boat needs gas and a quick cleaning before heading back to the office. Wife gets pissy when I don’t bring any food back and happy wife means happy life.

I’ll report back at the end of my trip.

JMP

JMP1890

My view this morning.

Attachments:
    1. view.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.