Microwave Fish

• Tyler Schaefer
    Southern Minnesota

Who else Microwaves fish? I do. I can share the recipe. Whats your recipe for microwave eyes, and panfish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pat dry fish.
    Place in a microwave safe dish.
    Cover with Italian dressing
    Cover with saran wrap
    Microwave up to a minute until fish is flakey.

It’s not the best way to prepare fish, but it’s fast, easy and very little clean up. Sometimes that’s needed.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

It’s so simply to pan-fry perch-walleyes, etc. Just dust fish with flour by shaking fish in plastic bag with flour.
    Meanwhile heat heavy frying pan with say 1/4″ of oil (peanut is best). Drop fillets in when oil when oil is hot. When golden brown flip over, wait a ~ couple minutes and your done.
    No dressing or coating to ruin the flavor of those fresh fillets. Can’t be beat and very simple and quick.
    Why microwave?

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Why microwave?

Because my boss doesn’t let me run a fryer in my cubicle. Microwave fish isn’t bad if you don’t over cook it.

Btw… Often when you see “baked” fish on the menu, it’s actually microwaved.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

For me, there are times when I don’t have time to wait for the oil the heat up or clean up a frying pan and/or don’t want the smell of fried fish to linger.

Mw fits the bill perfectly.

But I would rather have them (anything) fried.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

My wife took Cod fillets and layed them on top of sliced onions, put pads of real butter on them, then lemon slices on that, then parsley! Microwaved until flaky and it turned out awesome!!!

Ed

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Salt, pepper, butter – zap. Sandwich that up with mayo, lettuce and tomato on toast. Mmmmmmm.

-J.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

My wife took Cod fillets and layed them on top of sliced onions, put pads of real butter on them, then lemon slices on that, then parsley! Microwaved until flaky and it turned out awesome!!!

Ed

Ed…Great to see you made it back bud waytogo
    How are things in Ia?….

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ederd wrote:</div>

Ed

Ed…Great to see you made it back bud waytogo
    How are things in Ia?….

Things are going good, deer hunted last week and everyone tagged out so now it’s processing time. With this warm weather it’ll be awhile before we get on the ice, but it gives us more time for cooking and baking for Christmas!!

Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.