Salmon report 10/16/09

• andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

I was finally able to get the boat out again today. It was another brisk morning but we decided to give it a go anyways. We had the boat in the water by 6:00 am and we fished until 10:00 am. We fished for king salmon with skein the whole time and the bite started out slow the first hour but when it started getting light out the fish turned on. We ended up doing well boating close to a couple dozen fish. We also lost a fair share of fish that came off during the fight or broke us off. Lots of big kings this morning with us both landing fish over 20 lbs. My arms are tired from the fish doing a number on us. These fish still had a lot of spunk left, maybe a fresh wave of fish that just came in. I also managed to bag my personal best king which was a treat. It measured 39″ and must have pushed 25 lbs. It gave me a heck of a fight on the spinning gear with #10 Gamma. Fun few hours to say the least!
    My buddy with the first fish of the day

Me with the big sow

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

I may have to move. Holy!

mark winkels

Nice fish!! I have to try that one of these days.

deertracker

Those are some great fish. Thanks for the report.
    DT

milemark_714

Nice chins!Sure miss those days,esp at the power plant.You would come in with some sore arms.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.