Two Rivers Fishing

• Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

The anticipation for the salmon run is running wild as the deeper water action has been very slow the past week and the smaller fish have been the only biters. The sonar is full of fish but they are not hitting any lures. The water has warmed up and the bait fish are plentyfull. There doesn’t seem to be any good bite up and down the coastline of Wisconsin, so a heavy rain is what we are waiting for to get the spawning run started. With some bigger fish in the high 20lb range being caught early in the year we are expecting to see some heavy fish come in this fall. The timing of the run has us on the eadge of our seats waiting for things to start happening.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Do you anticipate fish to start up the rivers in the next two weeks?

fireflick
    Alma WI

I will be staying at SeaGull Marina this weekend. I hope something picks up. Pulling the Ranger over so I hope I can get out and find something…

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Mike- Without rain and being the fishing patterns are at least 4-5 weeks behind, I would estimate the run at the last week of Sept- first week of Oct. If we get rain there will be a big run as soon as the river water pumps out into the lake.

Jarrad- I’ll be out all day Fri. Ask Scott at the marina how we did in the morning or call be on the radio, hopefully we can narrow down the search for some fish.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Keith, do they start to congregate in front of river mouth areas prior to run? I just hope to long line some up in the lake in two weeks.

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

The fish would normally stage up out deeper and then move into the piers before running up the river. We will have a dredge working in the river for the rest of the season, so with all that activity we don’t know how that will affect the fish and the access to fish the area. The run has not shown any signs of starting yet, so it’s a waiting game right now.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Is said dredge in Algoma or Two Rivers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.