A Vacation Shark Battle

• Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Just thought you might like to see what a great lakes charter captian does on there vacation,= GO Fishing. Had a great morning in Pompano Beach FL on the Happy Snapper and caught a pile of fish, I thought the 50lb+ Amber Jack was fun then we tied into this 500lb++ 10 foot 2 inch Hammerhead Shark, took 3 of us 1 1/2 hours to get him in, and we all were worn out. We’ll be back into Lake Michigan next week for some salmon action.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Looks like it was kept … what do you do with a 500# shark?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Were you using a 150# tarpon as bait? Seems like every fishing show targetting tarpon either has one half eaten tarpon caught or a scramble to cut the line so it can escape.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

Sounds and looks like it was a fun vacation.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Looks like it was kept … what do you do with a 500# shark?

What else? Fish sandwiches. I have some shark Ill be bring up to LOTWs this weekend.

Im sure some one ate that thing.

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

We were using bonita tuna and king mackeral cut in half for bait. This was Bills first ocean fishing trip so we are having this one mounted to hang in his shop.

eye_hunter

whats the regulation on catching sharks, or is there non…

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Keith: Did you try your man overboard routine like the Big Brothers/Sisters deal last year. I think your finger strength would improve with that in the water. LOL

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

I stayed in the boat for this trip. Very good incentive fishing in waters where the fish can bite you back. I did do some snorkeling off the beach and got surprised by a small school of dorado that flew by me when I was under water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.