baileys harbor 7/27-8/1

• j_d
    Warroad, MN

Well made it out for my yearly trip to baileys last week. the weather has never been so beautiful during one of my trips, in four days of fishing didn’t get blown off once, and thats pretty good for being in a 16 footer. caught fish the first day in shallow, 60-80 ft, including a four year old, which was the first fish of the trip. Thought to myself, self this is going to be a good week. well the next two days were slow to say the least, one on tues and fished 12 hours on weds with one shaker to show. tough to wake up thurs after the slow fishing but thank god we did. we pulled in ten on thurs, fished from 5 am to 2 pm, most fish were caught in the middle of the day. deep water was the key, 150-200 ft, with 160 being the best. riggers down 125.

this is the first year i have ever had to fish this deep, don’t know why, but just glad it worked out in the end. opti inticer with opti salmon fly(glow) was best flasher/fly combo for us. the ol’ green crocidile once again was the hottest spoon. Bonus catches this year included a lake trout and a coho, don’t know if this is rare, but I haven’t caught either in my five years out at baileys.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.