Fall update on LBDN

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I haven’t been a lot out lately, busy with hunters. I am fishing LBDN Thursday and will post a report. Heres what info I have gotten from some other guides and friends.

LBDN: Walleye catches were good early in the week but tapering off by the weekend. Cold weather and high winds were partly to blame for the change. Anglers did best trolling cranks in 18′ to 35′ from the red buoy in Kipling north to Garth Point. Anglers again marked good numbers of fish out from the Terrace in 25′ to 40′ but few catches were reported. Salmon catches were up by shore anglers at the Dam in the Escanaba River. Most anglers used spoons and cleo’s. A few anglers caught some splake at the mouth of the Escanaba Yacht Harbor from the shore. Most using spoons or cranks.

Big Bay De Noc: Walleye anglers no where to be found here this week. It should be good out by Round Island, hopefully let you know this week. Smallmouth bass again the word for the week in these parts. It’s as good as they have ever seen! (take note Bill~!) Many if not all anglers bringing in limits of fish. Some are using cranks but most are jigging or drifting minnows in 10′ to 25′ from Puffy Bay north to Fayette State Park. If your a Smallmouth Bass angler this is a must. Good luck! Tom

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Here is a nice 22″ Smallmouth caught on a jig/minnow presentation on Bay de Noc recently.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.