Salmon run has begun in Two Rivers

• Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

The kings have moved in and the action was good for us, we picked the Toy Box as a partner in the Seagull Marina’s Dock Doubles Tournament and the 10 fish we entered weighed 134lbs to win first place. The fun part is you don’t know who your partner is untill you come in and pick a name. J-plugs and glow spoons in from of the piers are working now and the pier fishing has begun. Kite Fest was this weekend, and they enjoyed all the winds we had, but for fishing we had a very bumpy ride and had to reschedule some trips.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been gone too many years Keith. The kid is casting a flasher and fly off the pier?? And I remember the days of Little Cleos and Mr Champs as the main bait.

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

He caught the fish on a champ, the flasher and fly was in the fishes mouth, a bobber and hook was attached to the flasher and the net fell apart while trying to net the fish. This was one of those unbelievable stories, but I took pictures of it.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Now you made me laugh. Bringing back memories of bent nets and people with melted drags on Zebco 202’s. Have a great end to the season. Stay safe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.