What was your top producer for 2011?

• jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Spoons, FF, plugs?

Im putting together some tackle for this summer. Last time I was on Lake Michigan it was monkey puke, wonderbread, and bloody nose spoons, brand didnt matter. The Pro-king pk000009 was hot too. I hate it that Pro-king cant give their spoons a name.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Flasher/Fly combo’s were tops for my boat for kings last year by far.
    Top colors were LBB & Aqua.

Spoons were way off compared to the 2 yrs prior but we did do real well on the rainbows running a gold/black glow ladderback magnum spoon behind a six color lead core out of Milwaukee in early August.

We also did great in early October aboard Greybeards boat running Brads cut plugs filled with garlic flavored tuna. Pulled a four man limit and were back at the pier by 9:30am.
    Many different colors worked that day as I remember. Every fish was a 2 or 3 yr old king.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Worden’s Hawg Boss Super Toad II and a glow Pro-King spoon. I do little to no trolling with my bassboat. But when I’m marking balls of alewives in the top 15′ of water

palolo

These worked for me last year..ahem..keep in mind I don’t fish as much as you guys do but these worked well when I did get out.
    oh and blk/red spinnerbait from wallys

z-man
    Dousman, WI

flasher/fly did the most hurtin’ overall, but there were some days where two color lead on the downrigger with mag spoons couldn’t be beat. Glow spoons before dark also worked wonders on some evenings.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

any particular FF combos you recommend Zman?

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Spoons on the downriggers stood out in 2011, along with the little red flasher and cut green or blue fly of the diseys for coho. The Two Rivers area had it’s best coho action in over 20 years. The new ProKing colors did well all year. The mirrored blue and pink color, forgot the number, and the Moonshine spoons with glow on both sides. The 11″ green flasher with a green fly on the deepest rigger had steady action, but last year we had our best luck running 90%spoons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.