Fall Run

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What are you experienced guys thinking about the fall run this year? It has been a couple years since I fished the river mouth in Algoma. Thanks.

Keith Heberlein
    Two Rivers, WI

Just had this conversation with a number of captains in the Two Rivers area. Getting to be that time where we are thinking about when to pull the boat out of the water. If you asked me in June I was all excited with the large kings and with the wet start to the season I would say we are in for a big run with some huge salmon. If we go by what we see today there are not many if any kings staging up in deeper water yet and it’s been dry for some time. The lake is not turning over quickly so there is still some hope for a big run, but if we don’t see somthing in the next week start to stage we maybe in for another disappointing fall run. The small kings are making there first appearance for the year which is usually in Mid July so maybe we are just off schedual by 3 weeks.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thank you. Its good information like this that makes life easier. I’ll wait and see what happens but it sounds like I would be better off spending the money on a grouse trip. I appreciate your info very much. If there is anything I can look into for you over here (Twin Cities) please dont hesitate to ask.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.