Metro Pike tip ups

• Brett Erickson
    Maple Grove,MN

Hi everyone, I have been looking around at some of the metro lakes, and some farther out from the northwest metro on the mn lake finder for some good pike numbers to try tip ups for the first time. I am curious if anyone would be willing to share any lakes around me that they have had success with pike on. I haven’t ever taken the time to use tip ups much but it sure would be nice to see some size come through the hole, at least compared to the all to common 7in crappie haha feel free to pm me if you would like, catch and release is what I plan on if that makes a difference Thanks

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Waconia or Zumbra or Auburn.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Minnetonka has a decent # as well a size of pike. It’s been years since I’ve tip up fished it but I use to do real well in excelsior bay right in front of the boat works place

shamus
    Inactive

They can be found in Medicine lake as well. Had some decent luck last year on the northwest side. Also look for the mid lake humps in the afternoon.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not sure if this will work – Here is the spot on Tonka I’ve done well in the past

Attachments:
    1. Tip-up-spot.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not sure if you still can but we use to park in the lot at the boat works ( in the winter on weekend ) and walk out. Use to be a fair amount of people tip up fishing there. I have not seen many in the last few years. It was a great early season spot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.