Mesquite Texas Giving Out Free Firewood

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Guess I better stock up on wood for my smoker…..

Brad Dimond

Brother still stuck in Irving TX just texted “I have heat, food, water and bullets. I am OK bunkered up here.” Roads expected to clear of ice today, he’s hoping to fly home to MSP tomorrow.

blackbay
    mn

I’m wondering what is different between our windmills and natural gas lines and those down south. Do they use thinner lubricating oils in the windmills? Why don’t the blades on ours have icing issues that make it on the news? Why don’t our gas lines freeze?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m wondering what is different between our windmills and natural gas lines and those down south. Do they use thinner lubricating oils in the windmills? Why don’t the blades on ours have icing issues that make it on the news? Why don’t our gas lines freeze?

they interviewed a texan on the news thew other night, along with some other news tidbits……. they said houses are not built down there to retain heat like ours up here are, and our gas and water lines, in places where needed are designed and insulated.

blackbay
    mn

they interviewed a texan on the news thew other night, along with some other news tidbits……. they said houses are not built down there to retain heat like ours up here are, and our gas and water lines, in places where needed are designed and insulated.

I knew about the the way they build houses, but they must not run the gas lines the same way as here either.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Wind turbines have weatherproofing applied in Northern climates. They failed in Texas because they don’t apply that. That’s what I heard in the news anyway

hdog3385

One of the primary reasons the wind turbines failed is because they didn’t change the gear oil like we do here in the north. My cousin used to do maintenance on these turbines and now is involved in the construction of them. In the northern climates they use 3 different weights of oil, one for spring/fall, another for summer and another for winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.