Mercury beeps at start

• Harold Nachtman

I have a 2018 Mercury 150 with 259 hrs. I recently noticed that it beeps a few times when I start the motor. Oil level is good and the VesselView module does not show any faults. The engine starts and runs great. Is this normal at start or should I be checking something else?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mine beeps when I start it too. I think that’s normal. I have never had an issue with mine since I bought it new in 2016. Merc 75 hp 4-stroke.

Winterized every October by a certified tech.

Onthewater

I don’t have a mercury but mine does that when the oil is supposed to be changed. Did you reset it after you changed it last?

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Did it just start or has it been doing it since the oil change last November?
    How many beeps is it?
    Reason I ask is that I had this same thing happen to me a couple years ago on my 175 Verado. Had the oil and lower unit changed by our dealer here late May.
    After a month of Grad parties we finally headed up to Rainy to camp for the 4th week. Go to take off and 6 beeps….WTH, never happened before. Found out its a non critical warning via the dealer in Int’l Falls (couldn’t get my dealer to get me an answer).
    Camped for the week and brought it back to the dealer when i got back home, where they scanned it. Turns out the tech accidentally knocked a wire loose when he was doing the oil change. The warning was for low oil (if I recall) which it was obviously not.
    Hooked up the wire and no more beeps. Check under the hood to see if you can find any loose/disconnected wires anywhere (I did this out on Rainy but missed wherever this one was).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.