Red Ceder bite

• eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

Hey guys I was thinking about hitting the red cedar tomarrow. its supposed to be nice. I have been out there twice in the last 2 weeks. from 12-3 and both times nothing. Wondering if there would be a morning bite. Id like to get out for an evening bite but the schedule doesn’t work. If there is a possible bite what would a good tactic be to put a few fish in the boat.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

We’ve seen a lot of guys soaking minnows with just a hook and split shot during the day.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Russ and I will be out there later today-water is up so will be different than last time I was there—hopefully for the better.

jamisonpierre

whats up with the fishin down on the red ceder in june? Im movin there from stevens point and would like to know a few good spots to fish. thanks
    jamison

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Not sure about the river but the crappies should get going here pretty soon on the lake. We haven’t fished the river for a few weeks now.

Do you have a boat or will you be fishing from shore?

jamisonpierre

Most likely off shore..but i will have a canoe shortly after i move there..Paradise valley rd in Menomine is where i will be,wonder if there are any good spots buy there?
    thanks,Jamison

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

and what is the fish bucks all about

Every post you make you get 2 cents in fish bucks. You can use them to post ads in the classifieds and to change your suer name later if you so choose. When you get to town PM and I can help you with a little more detail. Your canoe will be useful for getting you where you need to be for the spring pan fish bite.

jamisonpierre

hey thanks alot..that will help tons appreciate it
    jamison

jamisonpierre

i was wondering if menomin lake has any tourneys??

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

i was wondering if menomin lake has any tourneys??

I think they do but you are asking a walleye guy about bass tournaments so I won’t be much help there

Don Hanson

The local bass club hosts a couple of multi-species tourny’s every year. They alternate between Menomin and Tainter.

mazzer
    WESTERN WIS.

there were evening tournies on wed or thurs nights, again multi species.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.