Menomin is looking GOOD!

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Finally hit the lake after a long “green avoidance” hiatus last night. The lake is absolutely beautiful shape right now and bite has been reported by some very reputable sources to be very good. This is evident by the number of boats camped out on the cribs, this can be decieving-for some reason, if someone is sitting on a crib, the assumption is they must be catching something . The biggest piece of advice I can give is this; Menomin for the most part is a structureless basin and the fish move all the time, this includes panfish as well-so don’t get married to a spot just because it produced in the past.

With my side imaging, I can go by 5 cribs in a row and clearly see if they are holding fish or completely devoid-clearly shows the “hot today and gone tomorrow” effect.

Overall, I fished after work for couple hours pitching hair jigs(1/8oz Bucktail Wayne in browngreen) and the new moxies(3/16oz b-fish-n and firecracker?)-ended up keeping two walleyes for the night of 16 and 18 inches for the pan. On the night, walleyes, rockbass, whitebass, northerns and smallies all hit the boat deck. Areas targeted were riprap structure with access to deeper water (suprisingly, the ole reliable hole in front of the cemetary did not produce). Mobility was the key to finding fish. As always, adding a minnow to the mix with a hair jig can tip the hat somedays-

With the nice days ahead, get out and enjoy the weather!

Jeremy

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Sounds like an awesome time!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Great news!

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Nice report, Doc.

I’m going to have to get out there one of these days…the nice weather certainly isn’t going to last forever.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks for the update Doc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.