“Schmitty”

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I met Schmitty, the new owner of Ken’s Archery (and bait), the other day. Seems like a good guy, real fired up & happy to be in there. I guess he officially takes over the 1st, tomorrow already. Stop in and see him if you get a chance.

Don Hanson

Thanks for the update Coot. I did not know if the deal went through or not. on a local level we need to support him. it would be a shame to lose the bait shop.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Maybe we can talk him into opening earlier and or staying open longer. It’s a tough trying to make a living on bait and fishing and bow hunting supplies. I picked up my minnows there a week ago and it was someone new scooping the minnows. I’ll stop back in and say hi this weekend. He’s close enough and theres enough people fishing the rivers around here for them to carry doo’s,Kalins,and ringies. Steve

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Totally agree with what you guys say. Sure hope he is able to make a go of it. Where would we be without a local baitshop?

Don Hanson

I agree steve. I stopped by and talked to him for a short time today. he did not seem to receptive as far as getting any tackle in.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I stopped in and said hi to Scott “Schmidty” and his wife Barbara. They were real nice folks and give a good scoop of minnows. They should be getting their computer up and running at the store soon and maybe we can talk them into posting some pics of their customers fish. If anyone is in the area stop in and say hey and pick up some minnows or waxies or whatever you need. Their hours are Mon-Friday 7:30 -5:30 Saturday 6:30 -5:30 and Sunday 6:30-2:30. They also have an indoor bow range,and pro shop and sell muzzel loader supplies. Here’s a photo of Scott and Barbara.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.