Lake Menomin Update

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quick Lake Menomin Update.

50-53 degree water temp and we are in a full force spring with the conditions setting up for a great crappie bite!

Got out tonight with Chad, following same tactics as in my previous report (Located Here)dragging small jigs using the electric motor.

Found fish to be a little more consistent tonight than last week but still not aggressively attacking baits. A real slow drag seemed to work well, however we did see some people fishing shallow with bobbers catching some fish as well.

Sorry for the pic’s as they turned out really dark, I couldn’t figure out how to turn off the flash on my camera

See ya out there

Pete

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Nice job Pete, good to see the fish are starting to cooperate.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

I was on Tainter for just a bit last night, and the crappies weren’t in the shallow water like they were last weekend…but milting walleyes were. The coming warm up should only help things.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

I was on Tainter for just a bit last night, and the crappies weren’t in the shallow water like they were last weekend…but milting walleyes were. The coming warm up should only help things.

What was the water temp up on Tainter?

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Thanks for the report Pete, good lookin’ fish.

Doc

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

48-50…a few degrees cooler than a week ago.

darrin_bauer
    Inactive
    Menomonie Wi.

Hi StretchOut, welcome to IDO. I hope you find IDO as helpful as I did for learning to catch more fish, especially on Menomin. I used to think it was a poor fishery until Doc, Don, Pete, and a few others enlightened me on how to fish this lake. Now if I could just figure out Tainter.

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Thanks! Yes this is a great site…I’ve been trying Menomin for past year or so, and am really just getting back into fishing in general. I certainly don’t have things figured out, but I’m not getting skunked either. I spend more time on Menomin than Tainter…hasn’t been quite as frustrating.

I’d rate ice fishing this past year as decent overall…and no I wasn’t fishing by the crowds. When the slabs really turn on, and you see how many people are out…makes me glad for the 10 fish limit.

Thanks everyone for the continued reports…especially Pete. I’ll try to post more as well. If you see a tall guy in a little Alumcraft tiller untaggling lines from 3 young boys…thats me!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Welcome StretchOut,
    The ole dead sea produces.

Jeremy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.