Quick Lake Menomin Update

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Well I figured I should toss a report up seeing as it’s been pretty quiet in here.

The last couple trips out; Menomin has been hit or miss, keep in mind I’ve mainly been targeting crappies and gill’s. Good numbers of crappies can be found roaming basin areas, the best way to find those fish are to fire up the Strikemaster and bring the extra gas can

To stay on fish I’ve had to keep moving staying mobile. You will catch fish if you camp out on one spot, but they come in waves. Think deeper for crappies and shallow for those gills, don’t be afraid to try bigger bait’s either. Think 15fow after sunset with a jiggin rap for those walleyes

Here’s a pic of a pan-fish duo from today, 11.5” crappie and 9.5” gill.

Ice fishing isn’t over yet guy’s; in fact were just getting into my favorite time!

Pete

DrewH
    s/w WI.

What kind is the one in the middle?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

What kind is the one in the middle?

the best kind!

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

That one in the middle looks kind of lite the insides must be gone???

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice pannies Pete

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

You gotta love that kind of referance. Nice job. Thinking I need to get back there as last Sun. eve I stopped for about an hr & did a bit of hole hopping with the camera & seen some fish that would have made darn nice table fare.Now if that dang crappie didnt break my 2lb line as I was sliding him out the hole. My youngest son wouldnt be seeing how deep he could put his leg down a hole . Thinking a scoop in hand & 6 pairs of boots & gloves for kids & its another adventure. You didnt by chance catch a lets say larger than normal Crappie with a jig in his mouth? Best of luck fishing. WHITE TIP

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

That one in the middle looks kind of lite the insides must be gone???

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Today I had the opportunity to take out Kristie, my buddy Chad and his dad fishing. We found fish pretty quickly and were able to stay on them for the most part

Aside from that wind, it was a beautiful day outside!

Please remember, Menomin has a 10fish/Person Panfish limit.

Pete

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Nice fish bud,
    Put that shack away, the river is opening up.

Jeremy

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Haha, Yep when it was really froze up I put the boat in and busted up all the ice. Since then it’s froze up a little but I might go down today and finish the deed

vman59
    Barron,wi

nice batch of panfish Pete way to get on them

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.