update

• Don Hanson

Well things are starting to turn around after that initial cold snap last week. Monday I spent the morning on the water with Stillakid2. Started out throwing cranks and spinners in the weeds. After hitting a few key spots without any success, we opted for some trolling. The same pattern is holding up, troll the main lake flats. Middle of the day is still the prime time . We ended up with a few short eyes, some pike and a variety of panfish.

Wed. the bite was a littlle later in the day. It was around two pm. before things started popping. The eyes are back on the bite. Made an adjustment to lindy rigging with leeches. The location is the same.

It is looking good, the bite should be back in full swing this weekend. see ya on the water, Don.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey Don…………..what’d you do to shrink that pike? That thing was a good 8″ longer and 8lbs heavier in real life!

Just kidding!

Thanks for a great outing! If I get a chance I’m going to try duplicating some of your theory, practice, and “Elitest” expertise over on Cedar Lake. Conditions are very similar and knowing what you’ve discovered there on Menomin, I can only wonder if it’s equally applicable on a similar water? If I don’t find out this year, definitely next year!

Thanks again for a great day Don! But next time, don’t shrink my fish!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey Don,

Any changes on the lake? Losing any color yet? The bite with warmer weather again?

Don Hanson

Kid, I spent some time on other bodies of water the past week. I did get out last night. The bite right now is tough, I wanted to see if my post summer patterns were on yet. Notta, I will keep you updated though. Don

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks buddy! Depending on circumstances, I might go after cedar using some of your Menomin techniques. Depends on if Erik Haslund and I hook up for some Croix action.

Don Hanson

Kid, I got out this morning with bass boy, Glenn Walker. The post summer pattern seems to be kicking in. All sub 15s though. The big girls will not be far behind though. One thing that remains the same is the high noon bite. See ya on the water, Don.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Don,
    Thanks again for taking me out. I had a blast even though it was for walleye. Just kidding. The tug at the end of the line felt good. We will have to hit her again soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.