Menomin 8-25-03

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Only had a couple hours this evening, so I thought the kids & I would try some topwaters for bass & pike. Also wanted to fish a couple areas I haven’t hit for a long time. The action was slow, we did have some blowups on the buzz-baits, managed to hook a few bass with our largest going a little better than 16″. Had a first, though, last night. Was tossing a buzzbait around some lilly pads and a fish came up and whacked it. Wasn’t sure what it was as the fish stayed down. Got it to the boat and it was a 18″ walleye!?!! Have caught eyes on spinnerbaits and flippin jigs fishing them around the slop, but never on a topwater buzzbait! Maybe I am on to an all new tourney winning pattern (tongue in cheek), maybe I shouldn’t have said anything as all you eye-guys might start tapping into this unfished pattern. Or maybe this is more common than I think. I spend a lot of time on the water, and this is the first time it has happened to me. Still messing around with my digital cam, so will try to post a couple pics from last night.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Wow! The pic worked. Am going to try another.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We-ha! Cool pics Coot. Way to take the kiddies fishing. The pic upload thingie here is pretty straight forward… the only tough time is the FIRST time. Good to see you’ve got it nailed now and I really want to thank you for all the excellent info you’ve shared here lately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.